GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn moss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44183-lawn-moss.html)

[email protected] 27-09-2003 01:12 PM

Lawn moss

I raked off a bin bag full of moss and debris off my small front ;awn.
It looks pretty bad now - what should \i do
please
Thanks
Rich

Emrys Davies 27-09-2003 01:42 PM

Lawn moss

'Richard',

Sounds as if your lawn is mostly quite damp due to poor drainage and
lack of sunshine. Moss thrives in such conditions.

You could aerate it now with a tined fork and then in the spring treat
it with a lawn feed which contains moss killer. Having done that, it
will soon recover.

Added pointers:
http://aginfo.psu.edu/PSP/03psp/03115.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Bevan Price 27-09-2003 09:42 PM

Lawn moss

wrote in message
I raked off a bin bag full of moss and debris off my small front ;awn.
It looks pretty bad now - what should \i do

Unless you improve the drainageof the lawn, moss will return within a few
weeks, no matter how much moss killer you use (or how often you use it.). I
have been trying for years , without success, to get rid of moss from my
lawn permanently. (It would be too big a job to make lasting improvements to
the drainage).

Bevan