Old 28-09-2003, 11:15 PM
John C

Default Roundup - Ssfe or not ? BUT WHAT ELSE LURKS

so then I should dispose of the large crate of HYDON in the garage??

What about the BORASIL-K that is so good on the driveway??

I Know that BR ( the railways) are spreading these like there was no
tomorrow.

The EU licensing on these products changes in November and companies such as
AVENTIS are struggling to meet customer demand for a clean weed free site
and the current legislation.

It has been done now and several new products are creeping onto the market.
Many utilities (gas water elec.) are also using them in their sub stations
and open sites.Glysophate is a last resort.

Systemic weed killers mean 1 application - It is a lay and forget per season
approach.

John C
( contract manager??)

"Rod" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message

In a previous thread (Docks around and young apple tree) it was stated

that
Roundup was safe to use for a number of reasons. But basically the

feeling
was "its been around for a long time and nothing has been proven yet".

Given the huge quantities used worldwide in agriculture, forestry and

horticulture over many years and with so many
folks out there gunning for Monsanto, don't you think any credible

evidence of serious problems would have surfaced
by now?
I'm much more concerned about folks using this and other products without

bothering to read the label - or if they
do they go ahead and ignore the instructions or think they know better.

Rod
Rod

Old 28-09-2003, 11:26 PM
John C

"Rod" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message

In a previous thread (Docks around and young apple tree) it was stated

that
Roundup was safe to use for a number of reasons. But basically the

feeling
was "its been around for a long time and nothing has been proven yet".

Given the huge quantities used worldwide in agriculture, forestry and

horticulture over many years and with so many
folks out there gunning for Monsanto, don't you think any credible

evidence of serious problems would have surfaced
by now?
I'm much more concerned about folks using this and other products without

bothering to read the label - or if they
do they go ahead and ignore the instructions or think they know better.

Rod
Rod

What Lurks Under The Surface? Coffee's For Closers[_2_] Edible Gardening 1 22-05-2009 07:45 AM
A newbie de-lurks RPM1 Orchids 14 31-01-2004 11:14 PM
A newbie de-lurks RPM1 Orchids 0 30-01-2004 07:22 PM
Roundup - Ssfe or not ? Philip United Kingdom 21 04-10-2003 04:32 PM
Off topic, but I have nowhere else to turn... Mo' Tanks Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 13-02-2003 03:01 PM