GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rechargable hedgetrimmer recommendations? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44340-rechargable-hedgetrimmer-recommendations.html)

John 29-09-2003 09:32 AM

Rechargable hedgetrimmer recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations and/or comments on rechargeable
hedgetrimmers?

I rather fancy getting one, so that I can whip out and tidy up that odd
bit of hedge which irritates me so when gazing blankly out of our
windows.

"That odd bit" is any bit that catches my eye ... we have hedges all the
way round our gardens front and back, so I have a lot to do during the
year. I have a now fairly old Bosch 60cm cable jobby to do this.

I read here the other day that a rechargeable takes 5 hours to charge
and 30 minutes to discharge: this actually seems like a jolly good idea,
in terms of saving your back. So what I'm after now is recs. on
names/models.

TIA
John

Martin Brown 30-09-2003 07:47 AM

Rechargable hedgetrimmer recommendations?

In message , John
writes
Does anyone have recommendations and/or comments on rechargeable
hedgetrimmers?

Don't buy one. The battery is heavy and inadequate and suffers horribly
during its short and brutal life. If you are really lucky the unit will
last out one whole season before it falls apart. A decent pair of hand
shears gives a better finish for trimming odd bits anyway. And it is
good exercise.

I rather fancy getting one, so that I can whip out and tidy up that odd
bit of hedge which irritates me so when gazing blankly out of our
windows.

"That odd bit" is any bit that catches my eye ... we have hedges all the
way round our gardens front and back, so I have a lot to do during the
year. I have a now fairly old Bosch 60cm cable jobby to do this.

It is hard for any battery powered unit to get close to the performance
of a mains powered hedgetrimmer. Add in the extra battery weight and
it's dire.

I read here the other day that a rechargeable takes 5 hours to charge
and 30 minutes to discharge: this actually seems like a jolly good idea,
in terms of saving your back. So what I'm after now is recs. on
names/models.

Then 6 hours to charge and 25mins, 7 hours and 20 mins etc.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown

Franz Heymann 30-09-2003 09:29 AM

Rechargable hedgetrimmer recommendations?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
In message , John
writes
[...]

What excellent reasons for stopping work!

Franz

Nick Upson 02-10-2003 08:09 AM

In article , John wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations and/or comments on rechargeable
hedgetrimmers?

I've got a Bosch, it's had medium/heavy use for a year and still works
very well

--
Nick
-----We Solve your Computer Problems---

John 03-10-2003 06:42 PM

Rechargable hedgetrimmer recommendations?

Ryobi do a "Combo" which is a hedge trimmer and line strimmer - both
rechargeable. Looks quite good.

JOhn

Lee and Kath 05-10-2003 11:23 AM

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:02:47 +0100, Nick Upson wrote:

In article , John wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations and/or comments on rechargeable
hedgetrimmers?

I've got a Bosch, it's had medium/heavy use for a year and still works
very well

I've got last season's latest Black & Decker, with the longest shears I could get. It charges up in
a couple of hours and I get a good couple of hours use out of it and it's not heavy. I can't use
shears as I have mild arthritis in my neck and I suffer for days. Also the garden is so long a mains
one is cumbersome. Hope this helps you choose.

Kath