Old 29-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Reid©

Default Composting anything was Composting ivy

Following up to Kay Easton

A silly popular song of the 30's or 40's

made a little sinister when used in Twin Peaks a while ago.

Om the compost front, I have chucked any old weeds and stuff on a
heap, should I reticent about adding anything? I don't know,
couch grass roots or something?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old 29-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Reid© writes:

| Om the compost front, I have chucked any old weeds and stuff on a
| heap, should I reticent about adding anything? I don't know,
| couch grass roots or something?

I have no trouble with them. Ripe, durable weed seeds are a
nuisance, though.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Reid©

Following up to Nick Maclaren

I have no trouble with them. Ripe, durable weed seeds are a
nuisance, though.

thanks, I see a moral there, weed before they mature!
Old 29-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Reid©
writes
Following up to Kay Easton

A silly popular song of the 30's or 40's

made a little sinister when used in Twin Peaks a while ago.

Om the compost front, I have chucked any old weeds and stuff on a
heap, should I reticent about adding anything? I don't know,
couch grass roots or something?

Couch grass roots, bindweed roots, dandelion roots - best to make sure
they have dried out before adding them.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 29-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

Couch grass roots, bindweed roots, dandelion roots - best to make sure
they have dried out before adding them.

Dandelion roots - scrub them and dry them, then when you've emptied the
oven, dry them out in it, store, and when you have enough, lightly roast
them.

Roast pearl barley until it's golden, then grind the barley and
dandelion roots into powder.

Beats coffee hands down.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Old 29-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Mary Fisher

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

Couch grass roots, bindweed roots, dandelion roots - best to make sure
they have dried out before adding them.

Dandelion roots - scrub them and dry them, then when you've emptied the
oven, dry them out in it, store, and when you have enough, lightly roast
them.

Roast pearl barley until it's golden, then grind the barley and
dandelion roots into powder.

Beats coffee hands down.

Blech.

Mary

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 10:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 07:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 12:22 PM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 01:52 AM
Composting ivy Ted Richardson United Kingdom 19 29-09-2003 10:02 PM