Old 29-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Apple pips and honesty

Hi, I just wanted to ask if the best way to get apple pips to germinate is to
bung them in a pot with some soil and leave them out over winter?

Also, is that the best way with honesty seeds too?

Thanks
****************************
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!
Old 30-09-2003, 04:09 AM
Dwayne

Put apple seeds in some moist soil in a plastic bag. Then set them in the
bottom drawer of your refrigerator. Check them in 30 days, and if you don't
see anything, put them back for another month. After the second month you
will normally see them sprouting. When you do, take them out and plant them
in a pot with the white sprout down. Keep them moist and in some sunshine,
even if on a window sill.

Cant help you with the honesty.

Dwayne

"Rhiannon S" wrote in message
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the best way to get apple pips to germinate is

bung them in a pot with some soil and leave them out over winter?

Also, is that the best way with honesty seeds too?

Thanks
****************************
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!

Old 30-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Spider

Honesty in my garden self-seeds so readily that I'm sure you can sow the
seed immediately with a light covering of soil. Mine pop up without any
special cultivation, but you will undoubtedly get stronger plants if you
prepare the soil.
You could also sow them in spring, but will have to wait for flowers in the
following spring.
You won't need to pamper them, but they do suffer with mildew if they get
too dry.
Hope this helps.
Spider
Rhiannon S wrote in message
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the best way to get apple pips to germinate is

bung them in a pot with some soil and leave them out over winter?

Also, is that the best way with honesty seeds too?

Thanks
****************************
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!

Old 30-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Niall Smyth

Hi all

On the honesty issue

Is it bought as a seed?
Is it for planting now?
Any more info/tips?

Regards

--
niall

Rhiannon S wrote in message
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the best way to get apple pips to germinate

is
bung them in a pot with some soil and leave them out over winter?

Also, is that the best way with honesty seeds too?

Thanks
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/
Q: how many witches does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: depends on what you want it changed into!

---