GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lavender pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44413-lavender-pruning.html)

Shadow 30-09-2003 01:22 PM

Lavender pruning

Could anyone please tell me how and at what season to reduce the size of
a lavender bush?
--
John Sullivan

Robert 30-09-2003 06:12 PM

Lavender pruning

: Could anyone please tell me how and at what season to reduce the size
: of a lavender bush?

You can do it now or in the early spring. You can cut back as far as the old
wood but not into the old wood as, generally speaking, it won't generate new
growth from the old wood

Franz Heymann 30-09-2003 09:09 PM

Lavender pruning

"Shadow" wrote in message
Could anyone please tell me how and at what season to reduce the size of
a lavender bush?

Early spring, as soon as new growth becomes visible.
Cut as low as possible, making sure that there is at least one piece of new
growth below your cut.

Franz

Shadow 07-10-2003 02:13 PM

Lavender pruning

In article , Shadow
writes
Could anyone please tell me how and at what season to reduce the size of
a lavender bush?

Thanks to all who have replied.
--
John Sullivan