Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #76   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 10:44 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:08:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:


wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:33 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

"W K" wrote in message
...

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:21:41 +0100, Reid©

wrote:

Following up to Paul Rooney

Hang about - GM is good, isn't it?

that's very much a matter of opinion isn't it Paul?

Efficient crops, disease-resistant veg, etc.

Swallowed the hype then?

In what way are the crops more efficient?

Any evidence that it's
bad?

Well, The rats eating too many potatoes stuff was rubbish.
BUT the real and less exciting aspect is that it allows crops to be
sprayed
with even more herbicides.
There's evidence that thats bad.

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on humans

if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on human
health.
I am not.

Then point me to a scientific paper which proves that glyphosate has any
deleterious effect on the ecological balance of where it is used,

excepting,
of course, for the eradication of plants not wanted by humans.


That's complete tosh fritz,


The name is Franz.


Fritz it is Fritz.

Was pops a commie spy or did he just desert?

It is a better sounding name than your "". How do you pronounce it?


with tongue in cheek.

Your remark is a certain indication that you have lost steam.

why should he,


Because I am a scientist


Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nice one you kraut, commie ****. That'll really impress the guys.

and I require scientific evidence if I am to be
convinced of the sinfulness of modifying the genes of a plant under
controlled conditions rather than by the haphazard style of mother nature.


we all know how to drive
without seeing the blueprints.


Analogies are useless, more often than not. This one is more useless than
usual.

We read the warnings from the likes of
greenpeace and take heed.


Many of the issues raised by greenpeace are entirely valid, and have my full
support. On the question of GM foodstuffs they are out on a limb with no
scientific backup at all.

If you have a valid argument against the
science I suggest you take it up with the scientists involved & stop
boring the pants off us here.


I am sorry to hear that your pants are being bored off. You could put an
end to it by producing some evidence in favour of your stance. You have not
so far produced any scientific statement with any backing whatsoever.
Do try, if you wish to carry on further with this


Amusing myself at your expense, I dont need to try.


. . . . . . . .





The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.


pete who?

-=[ Grim Reaper ]=- 6/97

.""--.._
[] `'--.._
||__ `'-,
`)||_ ```'--.. \
_ /|//} ``--._ |
.'` `'. /////} `\/
/ .""".\ //{///
/ /_ _`\\ // `||
| |(_)(_)|| _// ||
| | /\ )| _///\ ||
| |L====J | / |/ | ||
/ /'-..-' / .'` \ | ||
/ | :: | |_.-` | \ ||
/| `\-::.| | \ | ||
/` `| / | | | / ||
|` \ | / / \ | ||
| `\_| |/ ,.__. \ | ||
/ /` `\ || ||
| . / \|| ||
| | |/ ||
/ / | ( ||
/ . / ) ||
| \ | ||
/ | / ||
|\ / | ||
\ `-._ | / ||
\ ,//`\ /` | ||
///\ \ | \ ||
|||| ) |__/ | ||
|||| `.( | ||
`\\` /` / ||
/` / ||
jgs / | ||
| \ ||
/ | ||
/` \ ||
/` | ||
`-.___,-. .-. ___,' ||
`---'` `'----'`
I need a drink, feel all giddy...hic!

  #77   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

I don't usually top post, but I will make an exception here
Note for Peter Ashby:
Now that our friend "" has revealed his background so clearly in the post
beolw here, may I suggest that you cease posting to this thread without
further ado?

Franz

wrote in message
s.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:53:46 +0100, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:


wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:28:30 +0100, Mike Clark wrote:

In article m,
URL:mailto:@.MISSING-HOST-NAME. wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:23:55 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:
[snip]
Well since you think that then the first sentence indicates the

above
was not aimed at you ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland

You taking the **** or what? ha ha ha. what is it you do there,
gardening?

To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be

deluded.

If you advertise the fact, then you do, otherwise lose the
assosciation. Have they authorised you to talk a load of ******** on
their behalf?


I interpret this to mean that he is exercising his rights of academic
freedom to express a view not unrelated to his area of expertise as a
member of a university. I would be most concerned if he was only able

to
speak when authorised by his university.

I realise that this may be an alien concept to some people employed in
companies, or even employed by some government institutions, but it is

a
concept still defended in universities. As a fellow academic I would
defend his right to express his views even though I may not agree with
the opinions he expresses.

It has nothing to do with free speech. Peter Ashby can say what he
wants, when he wants and where he wants as far as I am concerned, I
would defend that right too.

Bragging how big his dick is, the fact that the university is
sponsoring him and that we are paying for it is completely unnecessary
to promoting free speech. If the comments are not on behalf of the
uni, don't advertise it then.


Oh dear, poor Pete.


pete who?

Once again he's come up against someone who isn't
afraid of the light and doesn't live in an attic posting with either
imaginary names or no ****ing name at all.


I know, I like old Ashby, he's a tart but he stands up for himself,
unlike you.

Perhaps those of us who don't
lie,


That counts you out goat ****er.

don't stalk others on usenet, etc.


And again sister screwer.

don't actually have a need to hide
their identity.


But you sorely wish you had.

Indeed other than myself the only individual I've ever
encountered on usenet who saw fit to post my address


So what's the big deal?

was you Pete.


pete who?

And
that's only because you chose to invent a load of crap about me ****ing
livestock


You do **** livestock, google shows us.

and then trying to encourage others to complain to the Police,


About your lunatic, criminal behaviour no doubt?

etc. about this and other ficticious crimes.


what are they?

I've come to the conclusion that everything written about you is true,
probably.

If it wasn't for morons such as Pete


pete who?

everyone would feel free to post using
their real name


Most of us do.

and as much other information as they considered
appropriate to introduce themselves to others. With ****wits like Pete


pete who?

about there's a constant risk of endless crap in your inbox and worse.


What makes publishing private details dangerous is when lunatic
stalkers like you decide to target us, petrol bomb house and assault
innocent people, all just because you want to abuse animals? daft if
you ask me.

Not to mention the virus, credit card fraud, Dos attacks and other
stuff you carry out.

Pete.


pete who?

For Christ's sake **** off and leave everyone here alone.


Shame you cant handle social intercourse saunby, maybe that's what
drove you to **** animals, did they love you long time before you cut
their throat, did you have sex with them before or after you cut their
throat.?

You're
not welcome and you're not even doing any good for the AR cause.


See www.google.com for ARs profiles.... it's really quite high.....no
more fox hunting for you soon pervie!



. . . . . . . .





The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.



  #78   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:13 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 21:51:35 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

I don't usually top post, but I will


You're a ****in troll Fritz, why wouldnt you?

make an exception here
Note for Peter Ashby:
Now that our friend "" has revealed his background so clearly in the post
beolw here, may I suggest that you cease posting to this thread without
further ado?


Ha ha ha the troll wants to take my ball away, and all the players
too, how novel you prick.




wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:53:46 +0100, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:


wrote in message
ws.com...
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:28:30 +0100, Mike Clark wrote:

In article m,
URL:mailto:@.MISSING-HOST-NAME. wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:23:55 +0100, Peter Ashby
wrote:
[snip]
Well since you think that then the first sentence indicates the

above
was not aimed at you ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland

You taking the **** or what? ha ha ha. what is it you do there,
gardening?

To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be

deluded.

If you advertise the fact, then you do, otherwise lose the
assosciation. Have they authorised you to talk a load of ******** on
their behalf?


I interpret this to mean that he is exercising his rights of academic
freedom to express a view not unrelated to his area of expertise as a
member of a university. I would be most concerned if he was only able

to
speak when authorised by his university.

I realise that this may be an alien concept to some people employed in
companies, or even employed by some government institutions, but it is

a
concept still defended in universities. As a fellow academic I would
defend his right to express his views even though I may not agree with
the opinions he expresses.

It has nothing to do with free speech. Peter Ashby can say what he
wants, when he wants and where he wants as far as I am concerned, I
would defend that right too.

Bragging how big his dick is, the fact that the university is
sponsoring him and that we are paying for it is completely unnecessary
to promoting free speech. If the comments are not on behalf of the
uni, don't advertise it then.

Oh dear, poor Pete.


pete who?

Once again he's come up against someone who isn't
afraid of the light and doesn't live in an attic posting with either
imaginary names or no ****ing name at all.


I know, I like old Ashby, he's a tart but he stands up for himself,
unlike you.

Perhaps those of us who don't
lie,


That counts you out goat ****er.

don't stalk others on usenet, etc.


And again sister screwer.

don't actually have a need to hide
their identity.


But you sorely wish you had.

Indeed other than myself the only individual I've ever
encountered on usenet who saw fit to post my address


So what's the big deal?

was you Pete.


pete who?

And
that's only because you chose to invent a load of crap about me ****ing
livestock


You do **** livestock, google shows us.

and then trying to encourage others to complain to the Police,


About your lunatic, criminal behaviour no doubt?

etc. about this and other ficticious crimes.


what are they?

I've come to the conclusion that everything written about you is true,
probably.

If it wasn't for morons such as Pete


pete who?

everyone would feel free to post using
their real name


Most of us do.

and as much other information as they considered
appropriate to introduce themselves to others. With ****wits like Pete


pete who?

about there's a constant risk of endless crap in your inbox and worse.


What makes publishing private details dangerous is when lunatic
stalkers like you decide to target us, petrol bomb house and assault
innocent people, all just because you want to abuse animals? daft if
you ask me.

Not to mention the virus, credit card fraud, Dos attacks and other
stuff you carry out.

Pete.


pete who?

For Christ's sake **** off and leave everyone here alone.


Shame you cant handle social intercourse saunby, maybe that's what
drove you to **** animals, did they love you long time before you cut
their throat, did you have sex with them before or after you cut their
throat.?

You're
not welcome and you're not even doing any good for the AR cause.


See www.google.com for ARs profiles.... it's really quite high.....no
more fox hunting for you soon pervie!



. . . . . . . .





The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.



. . . . . . . .





The facts expressed here belong to everybody,
the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw...

/( )`
\ \___ / |
/- _ `-/ '
(/\/ \ \ /\
/ / | ` \
O O ) / |
`-^--'` '
(_.) _ ) /
`.___/` /
`-----' /
----. __ / __ \
----|====O)))==) \) /====
----' `--' `.__,' \
| |
\ /
______( (_ / \______
,' ,-----' | \
`--{__________) \/

I'm a horny devil when riled.


pete who?

-=[ Grim Reaper ]=- 6/97

.""--.._
[] `'--.._
||__ `'-,
`)||_ ```'--.. \
_ /|//} ``--._ |
.'` `'. /////} `\/
/ .""".\ //{///
/ /_ _`\\ // `||
| |(_)(_)|| _// ||
| | /\ )| _///\ ||
| |L====J | / |/ | ||
/ /'-..-' / .'` \ | ||
/ | :: | |_.-` | \ ||
/| `\-::.| | \ | ||
/` `| / | | | / ||
|` \ | / / \ | ||
| `\_| |/ ,.__. \ | ||
/ /` `\ || ||
| . / \|| ||
| | |/ ||
/ / | ( ||
/ . / ) ||
| \ | ||
/ | / ||
|\ / | ||
\ `-._ | / ||
\ ,//`\ /` | ||
///\ \ | \ ||
|||| ) |__/ | ||
|||| `.( | ||
`\\` /` / ||
/` / ||
jgs / | ||
| \ ||
/ | ||
/` \ ||
/` | ||
`-.___,-. .-. ___,' ||
`---'` `'----'`
I need a drink, feel all giddy...hic!
  #79   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:22 PM
W K
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

"W K" wrote in message
...

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

BUT the real and less exciting aspect is that it allows crops to be

sprayed
with even more herbicides.
There's evidence that thats bad.

To whom or what?
From an earlier discussion about glyphosate:


uh oh another one

BTW animals are not plants so the term herbicide might indicate that

the
toxicity is not directed at animals.


Making big assumptions there.


Have you any evidence that the assumption is unwarranted?


The assumption that I am talking about human health


  #80   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:32 PM
W K
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

I take it that you don't believe in the efficacy of weeding your garden.

It
must be a sad, weedy lot.


Strange attitude. Theres all sorts of strange things growing in my garden.
No doubt you'd hate the wasp farm at the bottom of my garden too.

ie. more extreme control and more extreme monoculture.


Why bring monoculture into the argument?
The use of glyphosate and pursuing a practice of monoculture are separate
questions.


By no means. Most of the real arguments about GM are about how we are led
further down the garden path in that respect.

And WTF are you doing growing glyphosate resistant plants if you do not want
a savage monoculture?




  #81   Report Post  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:42 PM
W K
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any

scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on

humans
if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on human

health.
I am not.

Then state the things you think are bad about it or shut up.


Hmm. rather a narrow thinker if you can only do this in terms of LD50.


Hmm, someone who cannot follow an argument since you imply above that
effects on human health were not what you were hinting at.


There was no argument when I started off.
It was almost a brand new thread, and no hint it was on about human health.

Since you did
not specify the nature of what may be 'bad' that I posted the LD50s does
not in any way indicate that this is 'only' what I can do either.


OK you say you have a single track mind there and its all you can do.
Great.
A broader understanding of environmental ideas might help you here.
You fall into the same trap as most people in thinking its all about human
health.

There was a hint I didn't mean that when I mentioned the potatoes.

Read up on what the RSPB thinks about this issue. Its to do with effects
similar to those we already see with increased intensification of

farming.

Links? or maybe some indication of how herbicides are 'bad'? Or maybe
you cannot actually substatiate that claim?


I'm surprised that you are willing to jump into such a discussion without
knowing much of the basic concept.

Odd.


  #82   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Oz
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

Mike Clark writes
I think you are missing the point. It is not just a question of free
speech, and it is not just a question of speaking for an employer or
not. The important fact is that an academic can declare an affiliation
to an academic institution, yet still speak with academic freedom and
express views that should not be considered as the expressed opinions of
the institution. I find it insidious that you think that an academic
should hide their affiliation from public scrutiny.


Any student there could have placed any affiliation he chose.

One should be wary of believing all you see on the net.

--
Oz
This post is worth absolutely nothing and is probably fallacious.
DEMON address no longer in use.
  #83   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Oz
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London

Mike Clark writes
I think you are missing the point. It is not just a question of free
speech, and it is not just a question of speaking for an employer or
not. The important fact is that an academic can declare an affiliation
to an academic institution, yet still speak with academic freedom and
express views that should not be considered as the expressed opinions of
the institution. I find it insidious that you think that an academic
should hide their affiliation from public scrutiny.


Any student there could have placed any affiliation he chose.

One should be wary of believing all you see on the net.

--
Oz
This post is worth absolutely nothing and is probably fallacious.
DEMON address no longer in use.
  #84   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news In article ,
"W K" wrote:

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on

humans
if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on

human
health.
I am not.

Then state the things you think are bad about it or shut up.


Hmm. rather a narrow thinker if you can only do this in terms of LD50.


Hmm, someone who cannot follow an argument since you imply above that
effects on human health were not what you were hinting at.


There was no argument when I started off.
It was almost a brand new thread, and no hint it was on about human

health.

Since you did
not specify the nature of what may be 'bad' that I posted the LD50s does
not in any way indicate that this is 'only' what I can do either.


OK you say you have a single track mind there and its all you can do.
Great.
A broader understanding of environmental ideas might help you here.
You fall into the same trap as most people in thinking its all about human
health.

There was a hint I didn't mean that when I mentioned the potatoes.

Read up on what the RSPB thinks about this issue. Its to do with

effects
similar to those we already see with increased intensification of

farming.

Links? or maybe some indication of how herbicides are 'bad'? Or maybe
you cannot actually substatiate that claim?


I'm surprised that you are willing to jump into such a discussion without
knowing much of the basic concept.

Odd.




  #85   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news In article ,
"W K" wrote:

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on

humans
if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on

human
health.
I am not.

Then state the things you think are bad about it or shut up.


Hmm. rather a narrow thinker if you can only do this in terms of LD50.


Hmm, someone who cannot follow an argument since you imply above that
effects on human health were not what you were hinting at.


There was no argument when I started off.
It was almost a brand new thread, and no hint it was on about human

health.

Since you did
not specify the nature of what may be 'bad' that I posted the LD50s does
not in any way indicate that this is 'only' what I can do either.


OK you say you have a single track mind there and its all you can do.
Great.
A broader understanding of environmental ideas might help you here.
You fall into the same trap as most people in thinking its all about human
health.

There was a hint I didn't mean that when I mentioned the potatoes.

Read up on what the RSPB thinks about this issue. Its to do with

effects
similar to those we already see with increased intensification of

farming.

Links? or maybe some indication of how herbicides are 'bad'? Or maybe
you cannot actually substatiate that claim?


I'm surprised that you are willing to jump into such a discussion without
knowing much of the basic concept.

Odd.






  #86   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news In article ,
"W K" wrote:

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on

humans
if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on

human
health.
I am not.

Then state the things you think are bad about it or shut up.


Hmm. rather a narrow thinker if you can only do this in terms of LD50.


Hmm, someone who cannot follow an argument since you imply above that
effects on human health were not what you were hinting at.


There was no argument when I started off.
It was almost a brand new thread, and no hint it was on about human

health.

Since you did
not specify the nature of what may be 'bad' that I posted the LD50s does
not in any way indicate that this is 'only' what I can do either.


OK you say you have a single track mind there and its all you can do.
Great.
A broader understanding of environmental ideas might help you here.
You fall into the same trap as most people in thinking its all about human
health.

There was a hint I didn't mean that when I mentioned the potatoes.

Read up on what the RSPB thinks about this issue. Its to do with

effects
similar to those we already see with increased intensification of

farming.

Links? or maybe some indication of how herbicides are 'bad'? Or maybe
you cannot actually substatiate that claim?


I'm surprised that you are willing to jump into such a discussion without
knowing much of the basic concept.

Odd.


Where are those links, man?

Franz


  #87   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"W K" wrote:

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news In article ,
"W K" wrote:

You are lying in your teeth. Prove me wrong by pointing to any
scientific
paper which proves that glyphosate has deleterious effects on

humans
if
used
correctly.

You seem to be assuming that I am talking about the effect on

human
health.
I am not.

Then state the things you think are bad about it or shut up.


Hmm. rather a narrow thinker if you can only do this in terms of LD50.


Hmm, someone who cannot follow an argument since you imply above that
effects on human health were not what you were hinting at.


There was no argument when I started off.
It was almost a brand new thread, and no hint it was on about human

health.

Since you did
not specify the nature of what may be 'bad' that I posted the LD50s does
not in any way indicate that this is 'only' what I can do either.


OK you say you have a single track mind there and its all you can do.
Great.
A broader understanding of environmental ideas might help you here.
You fall into the same trap as most people in thinking its all about human
health.

There was a hint I didn't mean that when I mentioned the potatoes.

Read up on what the RSPB thinks about this issue. Its to do with

effects
similar to those we already see with increased intensification of

farming.

Links? or maybe some indication of how herbicides are 'bad'? Or maybe
you cannot actually substatiate that claim?


I'm surprised that you are willing to jump into such a discussion without
knowing much of the basic concept.

Odd.


Where are those links, man?

Franz


  #88   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

I take it that you don't believe in the efficacy of weeding your garden.

It
must be a sad, weedy lot.


Strange attitude. Theres all sorts of strange things growing in my

garden.
No doubt you'd hate the wasp farm at the bottom of my garden too.

ie. more extreme control and more extreme monoculture.


Why bring monoculture into the argument?
The use of glyphosate and pursuing a practice of monoculture are

separate
questions.


By no means. Most of the real arguments about GM are about how we are led
further down the garden path in that respect.

And WTF are you doing growing glyphosate resistant plants if you do not

want
a savage monoculture?


You have no idea of what constitutes a monoculture.

My country of birth produces a very wide range of vegetable foodstuffs.
Most of those farms would be more productive if glyphosate resistant
varietes of plants were available.

Franz




  #89   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Franz Heymann
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"W K" wrote in message
...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

I take it that you don't believe in the efficacy of weeding your garden.

It
must be a sad, weedy lot.


Strange attitude. Theres all sorts of strange things growing in my

garden.
No doubt you'd hate the wasp farm at the bottom of my garden too.

ie. more extreme control and more extreme monoculture.


Why bring monoculture into the argument?
The use of glyphosate and pursuing a practice of monoculture are

separate
questions.


By no means. Most of the real arguments about GM are about how we are led
further down the garden path in that respect.

And WTF are you doing growing glyphosate resistant plants if you do not

want
a savage monoculture?


You have no idea of what constitutes a monoculture.

My country of birth produces a very wide range of vegetable foodstuffs.
Most of those farms would be more productive if glyphosate resistant
varietes of plants were available.

Franz




  #90   Report Post  
Old 02-10-2003, 10:05 AM
W K
 
Posts: n/a
Default say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th October 2003 London


"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

"W K" wrote in message
...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
...

I take it that you don't believe in the efficacy of weeding your

garden.
It
must be a sad, weedy lot.


Strange attitude. Theres all sorts of strange things growing in my

garden.
No doubt you'd hate the wasp farm at the bottom of my garden too.

ie. more extreme control and more extreme monoculture.

Why bring monoculture into the argument?
The use of glyphosate and pursuing a practice of monoculture are

separate
questions.


By no means. Most of the real arguments about GM are about how we are

led
further down the garden path in that respect.

And WTF are you doing growing glyphosate resistant plants if you do not

want
a savage monoculture?


You have no idea of what constitutes a monoculture.

My country of birth produces a very wide range of vegetable foodstuffs.
Most of those farms would be more productive if glyphosate resistant
varietes of plants were available.


So you are now making no claims about it being bad for the environment.
You are simply talking about how good it is for industrialised farming.

Odd.




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
say non to GM - Join the Tractors & Trolley Parade - Monday 13th bigboard United Kingdom 5 02-10-2003 11:45 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 19 Jul 2003 to 20 Jul 2003 (#2003-202) [email protected] Bonsai 2 22-07-2003 06:32 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 8 Jun 2003 to 9 Jun 2003 (#2003-161) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:44 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 27 May 2003 to 28 May 2003 (#2003-149) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 29-05-2003 09:08 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 08:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2020 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017