Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 AM
martin

Default Squirrels

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:28:48 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:04:00 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:
The message
from martin contains these words:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:30:37 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:
The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

No - it's just that I'm always a bit reluctant to email a firm I don't
know, especially when the email address looks like a 'private' one

No. He's a gamekeeper who does a bit of supplying bits and pieces. You
never know, we might make one for you!

why won't he?

Why won't he what?

make one for you.

Who said he wouldn't?

someone said "we might make one for you!"
--
Martin
Old 12-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Who said he wouldn't?

someone said "we might make one for you!"

I said. But as we often work together......

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 13-10-2003, 12:32 AM
LizR

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:35:26 +0100, The Flying Hamster
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:16 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris wrote:
They climb quite well. I think you'd have to electrify the fence as
well. There have been reports of them climbing trees :-)

Heh, you've not seen anything until you've watched a pair of squirrels
play tag (at speed) on the walls of a pebbledashed house (think the
climbing walls some leisure centres have

I have, and it's not so amusing when it's your own pebbledash you can hear clattering
onto the patio. Kinda nice to see, anyway:-) We have south-facing pebbledash and
often catch squirls sunbathing on it. One even sticks his head round the window to
see what I'm upto in he-)

Not actually seen any of the grey buggers round here yet, I'm almost
hoping they're not as abundant or have all moved into the cities where
there's all that free food.

Ours appear to be mixed-race squirrels. The size and colouration vary quite a lot. It
seems somehow appropriate round he-)

Liz
Old 13-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Ian Wolfe

In message
LizR wrote:

I have, and it's not so amusing when it's your own pebbledash you can hear
clattering onto the patio. Kinda nice to see, anyway:-) We have south-facing
pebbledash and often catch squirls sunbathing on it. One even sticks his head
round the window to see what I'm upto in he-)

Likewise. However, yesterday I was amazed to watch a neighbour's cat,
immediately outside my window, dancing madly around with a grey squirrel and
then dragging it off by the neck through the hedge. I'd have thought that a
squirrel's teeth would have been more than a match for any cat.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Old 14-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Ian Wolfe contains these words:
In message
LizR wrote:

I have, and it's not so amusing when it's your own pebbledash you can hear
clattering onto the patio. Kinda nice to see, anyway:-) We have
south-facing
pebbledash and often catch squirls sunbathing on it. One even sticks
his head
round the window to see what I'm upto in he-)

Likewise. However, yesterday I was amazed to watch a neighbour's cat,
immediately outside my window, dancing madly around with a grey squirrel and
then dragging it off by the neck through the hedge. I'd have thought that a
squirrel's teeth would have been more than a match for any cat.

I used to have a cat (a Leodhasach, so that might explain it) which
delighted in catching rats, stoats and weasels.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Old 14-10-2003, 08:22 AM
ken cohen

I've tried mixing "very hot" chilli powder with the birdseed. It
has discouraged the squirrel, but it seems to have kept the birds away
as well.

Ken Cohen
Old 14-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Ian Wolfe contains these words:

I'd have thought that a
squirrel's teeth would have been more than a match for any cat.

I used to have a cat (a Leodhasach, so that might explain it) which
delighted in catching rats, stoats and weasels.

Our small cat once caught a stoat; I could hear the stoat screaming
and arrived in time to see the cat backing off the captive with an
appalled look on her face, then the stoat ran off. It had sprayed her
and she stank to high heaven for days. Since then I've noticed she
deliberately turns a deaf ear to stoat squeaks :-)

Janet.

What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 08:24 PM
[IBC] Squirrels dalecochoy Bonsai 3 06-02-2003 11:27 AM
[IBC] ***** [IBC] Squirrels Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 29-01-2003 12:19 AM
Squirrels Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 02:08 PM