GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slow release feed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44889-slow-release-feed.html)

Niall Smyth 06-10-2003 01:02 PM

Slow release feed

Hi all

This stuff seems to good to be true

3 or 6 month intervals between feeds

Any thoughts on them?

Regards

--
niall

---

Jaques d'Altrades 06-10-2003 09:08 PM

Slow release feed

The message
from "Niall Smyth" contains
these words:

Hi all

This stuff seems to good to be true

3 or 6 month intervals between feeds

Any thoughts on them?

Bones are better. May go on providing phosphates for a century....

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Annabel 07-10-2003 06:02 PM

Slow release feed

"Niall Smyth" wrote in message
Hi all

This stuff seems to good to be true

3 or 6 month intervals between feeds

Any thoughts on them?

Regards

--
niall

I have used them for some years and pro growers use them, I find the
moisture release ones much better than the temperature release type.

Annabel

Rod 07-10-2003 09:27 PM

Slow release feed

"Annabel" wrote in message ...
I have used them for some years and pro growers use them, I find the
moisture release ones much better than the temperature release type.

Both need using with care on some sensitive/young plants. Too much water/too hot can = severe root damage. But yes
they're widely used for very good reasons. I use them a lot but not for everything/all the time.

Rod

Pam Moore 08-10-2003 09:38 AM

Slow release feed

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:47:43 +0100, "Annabel"
wrote:

This stuff seems to good to be true

3 or 6 month intervals between feeds

Any thoughts on them?

For each of the last few summers I have put a surfinia and 2 bacopa in
a plastic planter on the wall by my front door. They have made a good
show.
However this summer the 2 bacopa refused to flower. (surfinia OK) I
put slow release fertilizer and water-retaining crystals in the
compost. Stubbornly the bacopa hung there, a mass of green.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to try one final thing; I gave them a
couple of doses of 0:10:10 liquid feed.
Guess what? I now have a mass of white flowers.
I can only deduce that the slow release had too much nitrogen.

Pam in Bristol