Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Outdoor tomatoes still cropping

Hi,

still getting about half a kilo every few days from my outdoor tomato
jungle.

The green peppers are still growing (and ripeneing).

No sign of a frost for a while yet so when will they stop cropping?

I even have a 'second generation' tomato plant growing from unintended seed
in one of my Lavender pots - I guess it will not survive the winter but it
would be nice if it could :-).

Are greenhouse tomatoes and peppers still cropping, or are they over?

Cheers
Dave R

Old 10-10-2003, 12:12 PM
J Jackson

:
: The green peppers are still growing (and ripeneing).
:
: No sign of a frost for a while yet so when will they stop cropping?

: I'm still picking beans from my runner beans and french beans, and my
: outdoor tomatoes are still ripening. All are still flowering but not
: setting fruit/veg as there are no/few bees. Seems very late in the
: season to me...

I'm still picking outdoor tomatos. They do have some protection, raised
cloches and protection from prevailing wind. We haven't had frost yet,
(125m high near wakefield) This isn't that unusual in the last 15 years.
I've picked outdoor toms into November before, and last year we didn't
have a ground frost till Dec.