GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pressure washers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45226-pressure-washers.html)

Jim Paterson 11-10-2003 02:22 AM

Pressure washers

Thinking of treating myself to a pressure washer after having used one
belonging to a client and seen what it can do to clean up a drive.
Would appreciate suggestions as to best make/model without breaking the
bank. The one I've used is a Karcher model 100 bar but it is awkward to lug
around. have seen a Bosch model 130bar max advertised at £109.00 which looks
appealing but as with all these things it is good to get recommendations, or
otherwise.
Jim

bnd777 11-10-2003 06:02 AM

Pressure washers

"Jim Paterson" wrote in message
Thinking of treating myself to a pressure washer after having used one
belonging to a client and seen what it can do to clean up a drive.
Would appreciate suggestions as to best make/model without breaking the
bank. The one I've used is a Karcher model 100 bar but it is awkward to

lug
around. have seen a Bosch model 130bar max advertised at £109.00 which

looks
appealing but as with all these things it is good to get recommendations,

or
otherwise.
Jim

I understand from an expert in such machines ( he repaired my KEW pressure
washer which cost £300 13 yrs ago and would be £450 to replace today ) that
the cheaper models of pressure washers although they do the same job they
simply do not last
They have a built in life expectancy of a certain number of hours of use
.........this apparently can be evidenced by the huge pile of defunct Karcher
machines returned to the manufacturers by B and Q
I guess its even bigger when it comes to the £50 jobs all the DIY stores
sell

If you are only going to use it once a year on the patio then the Bosch
should be great especially if it has wheels etc .......but if you want to
use it week in week out you might need to consider a more expensive model

Franz Heymann 11-10-2003 08:42 AM

Pressure washers

"Jim Paterson" wrote in message
Thinking of treating myself to a pressure washer after having used one
belonging to a client and seen what it can do to clean up a drive.
Would appreciate suggestions as to best make/model without breaking the
bank. The one I've used is a Karcher model 100 bar but it is awkward to

lug
around. have seen a Bosch model 130bar max advertised at £109.00 which

looks
appealing but as with all these things it is good to get recommendations,

or
otherwise.

I have a Karcher and find it to be very effective. Yes, it is rather heavy,
but that is unavoidable if you want a high pressure and high flow rate.

Franz

John 14-10-2003 03:04 PM

Pressure washers

You can get the BOSCH Ahr 1500 for about £149. I have one, got it online
from magic mowers and it is really powerful. Hve not heard much about jcb
models though .

John

Michael Berridge 15-10-2003 10:32 PM

Pressure washers

Jim Paterson wrote in message ...
Thinking of treating myself to a pressure washer after having used one
belonging to a client and seen what it can do to clean up a drive.
Would appreciate suggestions as to best make/model without breaking the
bank. The one I've used is a Karcher model 100 bar but it is awkward to

lug
around. have seen a Bosch model 130bar max advertised at £109.00 which

looks
appealing but as with all these things it is good to get

recommendations, or
otherwise.
Jim

I use the Bosch 130 model and find it very good, certainly gets
everything off my patio and path.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk