Old 16-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Steve

Default Sowing Grass Seed

Hi everyone ,

I have bare land out in the back garden and I was wondering whether
its too late in the year too sow grass seed , and advice on what type of
seed to sow , I live in the N/W of England

TIA

Steve

Old 16-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Steve Harris

I have bare land out in the back garden and I was wondering
whether its too late in the year too sow grass seed , and advice on
what type of seed to sow , I live in the N/W of England

It's getting *close* to "too late" especially if you have done no
preparation. The choice of seed depends on:

- How much shade?
- How good do you want it to look
- How much wear will it get

Old 17-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Steve

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I have bare land out in the back garden and I was wondering
whether its too late in the year too sow grass seed , and advice on
what type of seed to sow , I live in the N/W of England

It's getting *close* to "too late" especially if you have done no
preparation. The choice of seed depends on:

- How much shade?
- How good do you want it to look
- How much wear will it get

I want a good looking lawn , not to bothered about hardwearing as
it wont be down trodden too much , what type of seed would you recommend
, As for shade , the lawn (Nrorth Facing) gets around 5 hours on most
parts( tho not all at once)
per day

TIA

Steve