GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowering snowdrop (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45557-flowering-snowdrop.html)

Aphodius 16-10-2003 04:42 PM

Flowering snowdrop

I have a single snowdrop flowering in my Northamptonshire garden. Together
with still flowering primroses, could it be it a sign for early spring?

Aphodius

martin 16-10-2003 04:42 PM

Flowering snowdrop

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:36:25 +0100, "Aphodius"
wrote:

I have a single snowdrop flowering in my Northamptonshire garden. Together
with still flowering primroses, could it be it a sign for early spring?

or a late spring? :-)
--
Martin

Pam Moore 16-10-2003 06:42 PM

Flowering snowdrop

wrote:

I have a single snowdrop flowering in my Northamptonshire garden. Together
with still flowering primroses, could it be it a sign for early spring?

Aphodius

Could it be an Autumn - flowering snowdrop such as Reginae Olgae?
I bought one bulb last Spring and kept it in a pot which is showing
nothing!
See http://www.vantubergen.co.uk/vtub/dept.asp?dept_id=7

Pam in Bristol

Aphodius 17-10-2003 10:32 AM

Flowering snowdrop

"Pam Moore" wrote:
Could it be an Autumn - flowering snowdrop such as Reginae Olgae?
I bought one bulb last Spring and kept it in a pot which is showing
nothing!

---
Hi Pam,
I've had a look at Van Tubergen's webpage and agree that my snowdrop is very
much like the Reginae-olgae as illustrated. Just the flower, stalk and no
leaves. I wasn't aware that I had any autumn flowering snowdrops. Thanks for
showing me that I might well have.

Aphodius