Old 18-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Advert

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point.. Please reread the
charter.

Franz

It has changed. I remember the charter used to 'allow' adverts of up to 4
lines I think, every few months.

The charter allowa 4 lines not more frequently than once in 3 months.
Strictly, according to the charter, Tony is right.

Franz

Old 18-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by

Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with

the
gif on the pendulum fountain page. What do you think? No flaming
please. Tony Bull

I love the look of the 404 :~)
Jenny

Thanks Anne and Jenny.
I thought that prose.... ing meant converting from one religious faith
to another.Maybe some of these zealots are on the wrong newsgroup.
Thanks to Martin for his constructive criticisms.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Tony, My apologies. You wre acting in accordance with the charter. My
hatred of advertisements in a discussion group got the better of me.

Franz

Old 18-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

"We"? You don't speak for anyone else here, Franz.

Urg's communally agreed wishes on advertisements are defined in its
usenet charter, and a reminder of the charter's existence and
whereabouts is posted here every week. If you had bothered to look it
up, (as Tony Bull obviously has), you would know that the advert above
is permitted. It's on topic and conforms exactly to the requested
format.

You are right, Janet.

Franz

Old 18-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point..

????????

"One month" should have been three months; but I can't spot any other
errors in her statement. Please explain.

Janet

Old 19-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point..

????????

"One month" should have been three months; but I can't spot any other
errors in her statement. Please explain.

This: "This NG's charter allows for adverts" is incomplete. The charter
spells out the nature of the adverts.

How about dropping the topic?
Yesterday, in another post, I have already apologised for jumping too
quickly on the OP.

Franz

Old 19-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Tony Bull

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
[...]

Apology accepted Franz, however I can't understand why you have such a
downer on advertisements. You can at least passively ignore them. i.e.
don't click on them if you don.t want to read them. It's different if
they don't show the fact that they are adverts so you think you are
reading a genuine thread and it is in fact an advert. In the past I
have actually tried to answer some problems such as green pons,
sharpening spades, pumpkins etc. and I haven't always used the post to
advertise my website.
Old 19-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
[...]

It is because I have a phobia about the possibility that the newsgroup might
one day be swamped by advertisements. I admit that it is only a phobia, and
not based on reality. I will try to restrain myself. {:-))

Franz

Old 20-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Tony Bull

"JennyC" wrote in message ...
"Tony Bull" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I love the look of the 404 :~)
Jenny

Thanks Anne and Jenny.
I thought that prose.... ing meant converting from one religious

faith
to another.Maybe some of these zealots are on the wrong newsgroup.
Thanks to Martin for his constructive criticisms.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Could I perhaps suggest a less 'busier' site ?

-Maybe changing the colours to be in the same range would help.
-I'd also try to get the home page to fit onto a smaller screen
resolution as its always better not to have to scroll on the first
page.
-I'd use a different menu structure too as it's perhaps not clear to
people how it slides out (there are a lot of inexperienced computer
uses out there!)
-The follow up pages seem to have a lot of empty space on them.

Jenny
www.welcome.to/webwise

Thanks again Jenny
I have only just seen your constructive comments. I must try to do
something about the empty spaces and your comment about not scrolling
on the first page is so obvious to me but only now that you have
pointed it out.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
Old 20-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Tony Bull
writes

Apology accepted Franz, however I can't understand why you have such a
downer on advertisements. You can at least passively ignore them. i

B U T I have to pay to download the !£*@!"£ things - and that I object
to - especially if I am downloading something that I know should be free
of the things I don't want to pay to download ((

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 20-10-2003, 10:12 AM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
: om...
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
: om...
: "JennyC" wrote in message
: ...
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
[...]
It's a bit like the phobia somebody might have that urg will be swamped by
posts that are never snipped, if you see what I mean :O)

Old 20-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , K
writes
:
It's a bit like the phobia somebody might have that urg will be swamped by
posts that are never snipped, if you see what I mean :O)

Eggsackly - why pay n times the price to download the same old stuff n
times when one reads it only once

I'm glad you agree!!!!!!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 20-10-2003, 11:13 AM
LordSnooty

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:41:16 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
. com...
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
"JennyC" wrote in message
"Tony Bull" wrote in message
[...]

Nah, more likely you're just a prick.

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.
Old 20-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , K
writes
:
It's a bit like the phobia somebody might have that urg will be swamped

by
posts that are never snipped, if you see what I mean :O)

Eggsackly - why pay n times the price to download the same old stuff n
times when one reads it only once

I'm glad you agree!!!!!!!!!!

I understand folk who indulge in penny pinching, but being worried about
something somewhat less than 0.001p is stretching it a bit.

Franz

Heritage Vegetable Seed Catalogue (ADVERT) Ray Warner United Kingdom 9 27-10-2003 09:12 PM
Bloody Advert was____ Advert k United Kingdom 8 21-10-2003 04:12 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 26 15-07-2003 08:21 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 08:28 PM
Advert - Authentic Garden prints and designs Rob United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 12:32 AM