Old 21-10-2003, 01:42 PM
martin

Default Advert

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:27:59 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "K" contains these words:

So, what you're saying is, that it's alright for you to moan about the
things you don't like, but not for others to do the same?

It's all done with mirrors, K, the same as Franz moaning at other
people for bad editing and failed attributions.

Me-me-me-me-me-me-me miss!

I moan at them too, miss!

I seldom miss, butterfingers.

I miss them miss.

The difference between you and me moaning at bad editors, and Franz
doing it, is that you and I are good editors.

.... and Franz is a high quality moaner, who picks his targets
selectively.
--
Martin
Old 21-10-2003, 02:04 PM

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message
from k contains these words:

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

If you don't like that, then killfile the guy, instead of filling up
the NG with your complaining.

well said
I just wonder who's going to have have the last word

I'd lay odds on the one who complains the most? ;-)

You could be right you know

Keith

Old 21-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these

words:
The message
from "K" contains these words:

So, what you're saying is, that it's alright for you to moan about

the
things you don't like, but not for others to do the same?

It's all done with mirrors, K, the same as Franz moaning at other
people for bad editing and failed attributions.

Me-me-me-me-me-me-me miss!

I moan at them too, miss!

I seldom miss, butterfingers.

The difference between you and me moaning at bad editors, and Franz
doing it, is that you and I are good editors.

On the other hand, Franz won a medal last year for the quality of the
journal which he edits in another of his hobbies.

Franz

Old 21-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: : news : : In article , Tony
: Bull
: : writes
: :
: : Apology accepted Franz, however I can't understand why you have
such
: a
: : downer on advertisements. You can at least passively ignore them.

: :
: : B U T I have to pay to download the !£*@!"£ things - and that I
: object
: : to - especially if I am downloading something that I know should

be
: free
: : of the things I don't want to pay to download ((
: :
: : If you are so broke that a thousandth of a penny matters to you,

join
: the
: : same ISP as I utilise. It does not charge for conection time at

all.
: :
: : Franz
: :
: So, what you're saying is, that it's alright for you to moan about the
: things you don't like, but not for others to do the same?
:
: Actually, no.
: Putting words into the mouths of others is one of the feeblest forms of
: forwarding an argument.
:
: Franz
:
Who's putting words into anyone's mouth? Please note the question mark at
the end of the sentence in my former post. I'm just trying to get it

clear
in my mind why your protestations about the things you find annoying are

any
more valid or important than those which annoy others, which you seem to
brush aside with a crass comment to the effect that it only costs xyz

pence
and if you can't afford it ........

That statement was factually and numerically correct.

I interpret that as being a Net Nanny when it suits you,

It worries me not at all what you interpret as what.
We are not all equally well endowed with interpretative qualities.

Franz

Old 21-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

The problem which worries you about long posts to urg is utterly negligible
in comparison with the amount of spam which is circulating, and the amount
of clogging caused by, for instance, the Swen virus. I get more than twice
the number of attacks daily from that pest than the total number of emails
and newsgroup notes per day.

Yes, but you can't choose between the two - it's a total of irritants,
and long posts full of oft-repeated tracts of text add to the problem,
they don't replace it.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Old 21-10-2003, 04:14 PM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: ...
: In article , Martin Sykes
: writes
: Off topic, but does it really take longer to download longer posts?
:
: It's not just the download time, it is the clogging up of the internet
: problem. You think of the number of people receiving the posts and
: multiply that by the length of the post and then consider that it has to
: zoom around the bowels of the internet. The shorter we keep our posts,
: the fewer we keep them, the more efficient the internet is!!! And that
: is why I hate useless, unwanted spam and adverts and binaries as well.
:
: The problem which worries you about long posts to urg is utterly
negligible
: in comparison with the amount of spam which is circulating, and the amount
: of clogging caused by, for instance, the Swen virus. I get more than
twice
: the number of attacks daily from that pest than the total number of emails
: and newsgroup notes per day.
:
: Franz
:
I have up-to-date on line virus checker and have had no problems with swen
virus. You should try it.
Perhaps your quantity of virus attacks/spam is proportionate to the amount
of postings you make to this, and presumably other, groups.

Old 21-10-2003, 05:22 PM
martin

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:40:17 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I seldom miss, butterfingers.

The difference between you and me moaning at bad editors, and Franz
doing it, is that you and I are good editors.

On the other hand, Franz won a medal last year for the quality of the
journal which he edits in another of his hobbies.

and Janet sometimes misses? :-)
--
Martin
Old 21-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

[...]

So do I. Norton. Updates itself very frequently. Finds all the Swen
infections but takes a hell of a lot of time to do it. So much that I
initially look at my mail with either Web2mail or Mailwasher. This allows
me to trap the bad stuff quicker by experience and sight before downloading.
It still consumes time.

Perhaps your quantity of virus attacks/spam is proportionate to the amount
of postings you make to this, and presumably other, groups.

You are not doing so badly yourself.
This is the only group in which I am at present participating.
If you feel that I write too much, please feel free to put my name in your
kill file.

Franz

Old 21-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
...(to Tony, oops, Jacques)

The difference between you and me moaning at bad editors, and Franz
doing it, is that you and I are good editors.

On the other hand, Franz won a medal last year for the quality of the
journal which he edits in another of his hobbies.

Doesn't make a whit of difference to the quality of your usenet
editing, does it?

Janet.
Old 21-10-2003, 09:22 PM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]
Tut, tut, Franz, don't get paranoid, I was merely making an observation.
Far be it from me to suggest that you are writing 'too' much.

Old 21-10-2003, 09:43 PM
martin

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:21:07 +0100, "K" wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

: You are not doing so badly yourself.
: This is the only group in which I am at present participating.
: If you feel that I write too much, please feel free to put my name in your
: kill file.
:
: Franz
:
Tut, tut, Franz, don't get paranoid, I was merely making an observation.
Far be it from me to suggest that you are writing 'too' much.

I should hope not, he's one of the most interesting posters here.
--
Martin
Old 21-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:21:07 +0100, "K" wrote:

Tut, tut, Franz, don't get paranoid, I was merely making an observation.
Far be it from me to suggest that you are writing 'too' much.

I should hope not, he's one of the most interesting posters here.

But I don't get to read many of his mots justes ATM because they are
below the bottom of my screen and they just get deleted.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 21-10-2003, 10:44 PM
martin

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:09:29 +0100, Jaques d'Altrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:21:07 +0100, "K" wrote:

Tut, tut, Franz, don't get paranoid, I was merely making an observation.
Far be it from me to suggest that you are writing 'too' much.

I should hope not, he's one of the most interesting posters here.

But I don't get to read many of his mots justes ATM because they are
below the bottom of my screen and they just get deleted.

that's your loss, not ours.
--
Martin
Old 22-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

But I don't get to read many of his mots justes ATM because they are
below the bottom of my screen and they just get deleted.

that's your loss, not ours.

And his, maybe - you never know.

And of course, you are missing my scintillating answers, so I couldn't
possibly agree with your statement innit.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 22-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Christopher Norton

Franz

If your getting "hundreds" a day then you must be in a whole lot of
peoples outlook/outlook express address books cos I`m getting zero at
the moment on this sven thing.

Maybe you just have the wrong mail people.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use

Heritage Vegetable Seed Catalogue (ADVERT) Ray Warner United Kingdom 9 27-10-2003 09:12 PM
Bloody Advert was____ Advert k United Kingdom 8 21-10-2003 04:12 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 26 15-07-2003 08:21 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 08:28 PM
Advert - Authentic Garden prints and designs Rob United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 12:32 AM