Old 19-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Glenda

Default Hibernating Frogs

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil! And if that wasn't enough wildlife for one day, we
later had a Woodpecker in the garden, first time we've seen one of
those in our London garden.

Glenda

Old 19-10-2003, 04:12 PM
martin

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:56:46 +0000 (UTC), Glenda
wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?
--
Martin
Old 19-10-2003, 07:02 PM
The Hoopeses

wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?

It's best to let sleeping frogs lie. He may or may not remember she was
there, but she did leave her her prince in the soil.

-
Al

Old 20-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Glenda

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:04:06 +0200, martin
tippy-typed:

wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?

Nope - just glad I didn't slice it in half!

Non-hibernating Grey Squirrels Elizabeth[_3_] United Kingdom 26 14-01-2008 01:58 PM
Hibernating wild strawberries Martin Magnusson United Kingdom 3 05-04-2006 08:46 PM
Robinia (casque rouge) Still hibernating rick osborn About GardenBanter 2 07-11-2005 10:04 AM
Hibernating newsgroup? peter Australia 3 30-07-2005 05:53 AM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM