Old 25-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Ray Warner

Default Heritage Vegetable Seed Catalogue (ADVERT)

We are pleased to announce the release of our 2004 heritage vegetable seed
catalogue which list nearly 400 varieties of vegetables (introduced into the
UK between medieval times and 1950). Complimented with seeds of herbs,
economic and cottage garden flowers. If you would like a copy please advise
a postal address

R Warner
Chief Clerk
Thomas Etty Esq

Old 27-10-2003, 05:32 PM
martin

http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~nfarl...bles/times.htm
--
Martin
Old 27-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Ron Clark

wrote:

Is it on the web anywhere? Do you do purple carrots?

Only after a big beetroot salad.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 27-10-2003, 09:12 PM
martin

wrote:

Is it on the web anywhere? Do you do purple carrots?

Only after a big beetroot salad.

They have an albino carrot....

"White Belgium or Green-topped White (Carotte Blanche a Collet Vert)
By 1852. Not hardy for it becomes "disorganised by the slightest
frost". Originally derived from the old Long White Carrot and used
principally as a stock feeding variety. But having a mild taste also
deserving of a place "at table".

"The largest known; succeeds in soils to strong for the finer
varieties. The leaves are strong and tall; roots very thick, a
considerable portion rising above the surface of the ground, acquiring
a greenish tinge, when exposed to the light. It cooks tender."

750 seeds £1.50p"

--
Martin