GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do I get rid of a fig tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/46273-how-do-i-get-rid-fig-tree.html)

Eddie 28-10-2003 01:32 PM

How do I get rid of a fig tree?

There is a fig tree growing in my garden & I want rid of it. Can I
simply chop it down, or do I need to kill it first? If I chop it down,
will it regrow?
if I have to use weedkiller, which is best?
TIA
Eddie

Ron Clark 28-10-2003 03:22 PM

How do I get rid of a fig tree?

On 28 Oct 2003 05:29:36 -0800, (Eddie) wrote:

There is a fig tree growing in my garden & I want rid of it. Can I
simply chop it down, or do I need to kill it first? If I chop it down,
will it regrow?

From what I have seen in my favourite villa in Majorca, if you cut it
off lowish it will die.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

oldmolly 28-10-2003 04:02 PM

How do I get rid of a fig tree?

"Eddie" wrote in message
om...
There is a fig tree growing in my garden & I want rid of it. Can I
simply chop it down, or do I need to kill it first? If I chop it down,
will it regrow?
if I have to use weedkiller, which is best?
TIA

How big is it? I love fresh figs. If you aren't too far from Peterborough I
would love to come and dig it up for you.The one I have now cost me £20 to
buy.

Jaques d'Altrades 28-10-2003 04:02 PM

How do I get rid of a fig tree?

The message
from (Eddie) contains these words:

There is a fig tree growing in my garden & I want rid of it. Can I
simply chop it down, or do I need to kill it first? If I chop it down,
will it regrow?
if I have to use weedkiller, which is best?

You dig it up with a good rootball and offer it to the group to squabble
over - that's if you're too far away from me.......

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Jaques d'Altrades 28-10-2003 05:12 PM

How do I get rid of a fig tree?

The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:
On 28 Oct 2003 05:29:36 -0800, (Eddie) wrote:

There is a fig tree growing in my garden & I want rid of it. Can I
simply chop it down, or do I need to kill it first? If I chop it down,
will it regrow?

From what I have seen in my favourite villa in Majorca, if you cut it
off lowish it will die.

On the day of the magic hurricane a friend lost her fig tree. (literally)

Next year it was sprouting up everywhere.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk