Old 29-10-2003, 07:22 AM
The Hoopeses

Default Glass mulch

Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"kelsa" wrote in message
ews.com...

Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Everyone has their own taste! Some people even grow sedum spectabile ;-)

Imagine that!

-
Al

Old 29-10-2003, 07:33 AM
The Hoopeses

David Hill wrote:

Just remembered that a few years ago at Hampton court flower show they used
broken up CD's as a mulch,,,,,,,,,good use for all those junk ones that come
through the door.

I suspend them near my veggie patch to keep out the vermin: a kind of
21st Century scarecrow. It's an interesting sight when you have a lot
of them and the wind catches them. I used to use strips of foil, but
the CDs are a very economical solution. They also last longer.

-
Al

Old 29-10-2003, 01:02 PM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "keith" wrote in message
: ...
: Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!I probably wouldn't like anything you
: like
: or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly
everytime
: you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have
: you
: got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give
everyone
: a
: chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!
: chillouuuuuuuuttttt.
:
: Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..

Don't be a net nanny - it's not your group, and you are fairly new to it.

:
: W" wrote in message
: news:1g3juaj.x4dm2hvm01tsN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
: kelsa wrote:
:
: Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens
had
: coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me
: where
: in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near
here,
: I need someone who does mail order.
: Many thanks!
:
:
: Or try a BIG glass co or known glass recycler for large amounts.
:
: Franz
:
:

Old 29-10-2003, 01:02 PM
martin

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:53:33 -0000, "K" wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "keith" wrote in message
: ...
: Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!I probably wouldn't like anything you
: like
: or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly
everytime
: you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have
: you
: got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give
everyone
: a
: chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!
: chillouuuuuuuuttttt.
:
: Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..

Don't be a net nanny - it's not your group, and you are fairly new to it.

Who did you think you were replying to?

--
Martin
Old 29-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Sacha

in article , JennyC at
wrote on 28/10/03 4:15 pm:

"kelsa" wrote in message
s.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!
kelsa

Google threw up............

http://www.meridiantv.co.uk/whats_on...archive/p4_10_
ap
ril.html has :
Windmill Aggregates for providing us with the blue glass mulch used in the
noughts and crosses board: 01279 876987

http://www.gardenzone.co.uk/magazine/magazine_out.html

HTH Jenny

Personally, it would remind me of municipal cemeteries where all-too-many
graves are covered in glass.
One source of clear glass could be the people who replace windscreens. I'd
hate to do the weeding in that garden, though - ouch!
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 29-10-2003, 07:03 PM

"martin" wrote in message
: On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:53:33 -0000, "K" wrote:
:
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : "keith" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: --
: Martin

I was replying to Franz - that's why I posted immediately after his
sentence - or so I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 29-10-2003, 08:02 PM
JennyC

"Sacha" wrote
[...]

Ummmmmmm but it can look stunning in the right place:

http://www.chrisjacobson.com/portfol...deahouse5.html

http://landscape2go.com/3.htm See the 'custom design" slide show....... :~))

Jenny

Old 29-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

:
: Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..

Don't be a net nanny - it's not your group, and you are fairly new to it.

I appear to know considerably more netiquette than you, and I actually try
to behave more or less in accordance with it.
How about trying it out? It makes for a much better continuity in the
logical progression of a thread.

[snip]
Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 11:12 PM

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: :
: : Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..
:
: Don't be a net nanny - it's not your group, and you are fairly new to
it.
:
: I appear to know considerably more netiquette than you, and I actually try
: to behave more or less in accordance with it.
: How about trying it out? It makes for a much better continuity in the
: logical progression of a thread.
:
: [snip]
: Franz
:
Do you? How do you know? I don't top post but if people want to I don't
feel it's my place to tell them not to. I also try to refrain from telling
people they have poor or no taste just because their taste may be different
from mine.

Old 30-10-2003, 01:03 AM
keith

Hello
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"keith" wrote in message
Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!

Of course. Even if it is in fact tasteless.

I probably wouldn't like anything you like
or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly

everytime
you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have

you
got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give

everyone
chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!

You should read what I write more frequently.

Franz

Old 30-10-2003, 01:12 AM
keith

This all started due to glass mulch? Nice one I,well said.I made the top
post,not knowing!Franz, mistakes are made you should take a chill pill!!Have
you checked your blood pressure lately,after all it is meant to be fun,not
crucify someone because you don't agree.
will this be the last word,then we can get back to gardening or we could
create a bitching newsgroup,that could be fun!
keith
"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:

Old 30-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"keith" wrote in message
is that what you call a top post,opps!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. You managed to top post. Does it make you happy?

Franz

Old 30-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: :
: : Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..
:
: Don't be a net nanny - it's not your group, and you are fairly new to
it.
:
: I appear to know considerably more netiquette than you, and I actually

try
: to behave more or less in accordance with it.
: How about trying it out? It makes for a much better continuity in the
: logical progression of a thread.
:
: [snip]
: Franz
:
Do you? How do you know?

From the nature of your comments when I try to help folk to post in the
commonly accepted way.

I don't top post but if people want to I don't
feel it's my place to tell them not to.

I, on the other hand think that the threads would be much easier to follow
if everybody followed the accepted practice of posting in-line, and I think
it worth pointing this out to urgs who appear not to appreciate it yet.

I also try to refrain from telling
people they have poor or no taste just because their taste may be

different
from mine.

I don't refrain from telling people when they have appalling taste. I also
don't mind if people do the same to me.

Franz