Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM
martin

Default Glass mulch

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:34:52 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

The little fellow (no doubt about that) stood facing the road with =

his
raincoat spread wide......

according to the BBC each gnome knocks UKP500 off the value of your
house.

Ah, but I was thinking of flogging - as you were - selling them, not
erectin^^^^standing them up in my front garden.

Hmmmm. I used to know a place which went by the name of 'Gnome Hall'.
I'd guess the inhabitants lived in negative equity.....

I passed on the link to the BBC report about gnomes reducing the value
of a house to a Dutch woman. Local taxes are levied based on the value
of ones house. The Dutch woman intends to fill her garden with gnomes,
which I think she makes and then ask the local authority to revalue=20
her house.
I await the headline
"Gnome population explosion in Groningen, Groningen local authority
bankrupt"
--=20
Martin
Old 09-11-2003, 11:03 AM
JennyC

martin said

according to the BBC each gnome knocks UKP500 off the value of your
house.

What is the extra reduction for plastic herons, old Ford transit engines, broken
kids toys, dead tubs of flowers.........?
Jenny

Old 09-11-2003, 11:34 AM
martin

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:59:21 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

martin said

according to the BBC each gnome knocks UKP500 off the value of your
house.

What is the extra reduction for plastic herons, old Ford transit engines, broken
kids toys, dead tubs of flowers.........?

That should get your onroerdendgoeds belasting down to Euro5,50 :-)

Did you forget the BK/McD cartons, patate bags, weeds, neighbours
garden covered in inverted flower pots with sharpened bamboo canes
inserted, vrij krants & bin liners blowing in the wind, mooning Seymor
Bum gnomes...?
All these can be provided at a reasonable price immediately prior to a
revaluation of your property. Aal/paling/makreel rokerij available at
a small extra charge
--
Martin
Old 09-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

martin said

according to the BBC each gnome knocks UKP500 off the value of your
house.

What is the extra reduction for plastic herons, old Ford transit
engines, broken
kids toys, dead tubs of flowers.........?

I'm just bemused that at a time when bricks'n'mortar prices in the UK
are sky high, so many buyers mind about temporary trivia such as the
vendor's moveable belongings. There's something deranged about fixating
on a stranger's possessions, instead of serious stuff like structure,
aspect and local amenities.

It works the other way too, with houseviewers yearning to acquire
strangers' stuff that takes their fancy; I found that really creepy when
we were selling our old house last year. We were nearly crushed in the
rush of viewers, many of whom begged me to sell personal stuff like
paintings, pottery, and a recent B and W photograph taken in Glasgow
:-). You might put the phenomenon down to our exquisite taste, LOL;
except that other requests included big houseplants, the tablecloth
(Habitat, c 1972) we use to hide the inkbottle disaster, and a cheap
loud rug from the current Ikea catalogue.

Janet.