Old 28-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Registered User

Location: Derbyshire
Default Glass mulch

Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here, I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!
Old 28-10-2003, 04:22 PM
JennyC

"kelsa" wrote in message
s.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!
kelsa

Google threw up............

http://www.meridiantv.co.uk/whats_on...chive/p4_10_ap
ril.html has :
Windmill Aggregates for providing us with the blue glass mulch used in the
noughts and crosses board: 01279 876987

http://www.gardenzone.co.uk/magazine/magazine_out.html

HTH Jenny

Old 28-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"kelsa" wrote in message
s.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Franz

Old 28-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Jim W

kelsa wrote:

Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

Or try a BIG glass co or known glass recycler for large amounts.

//
Jim
Old 28-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Jim W

Franz Heymann wrote:

"kelsa" wrote in message
s.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Franz

Spot on Franz;-) But the poor newbie only asked for a source, and got
free fashion advice;-) BIG GRIN!

Possibly the french used it in a more stylish way than you'd ever see on
UK TV tho? Who knows!-)
/
Jim

Old 28-10-2003, 06:02 PM
keith

Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!I probably wouldn't like anything you like
or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly everytime
you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have you
got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give everyone a
chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!
chillouuuuuuuuttttt.
thanks all keith

W" wrote in message
news:1g3juaj.x4dm2hvm01tsN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...

Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Don't be unkind - or Mrs Be-done-by-as-you-did will come and lay pink
concwete all over your fwont garden and scatter gnomes and fluffy
bunnies all round the plastic flowers, and faiwies will come and dance
on the cwistal fountain....

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 28-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"kelsa" wrote in message
ws.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Everyone has their own taste! Some people even grow sedum spectabile ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 28-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Everyone has their own taste! Some people even grow sedum spectabile ;-)

What does it taste like? I know several sedums are grown for eating,
but they don't excite me.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Jim W

keith wrote:

Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!I probably wouldn't like anything you like
or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly everytime
you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have you
got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give everyone a
chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!
chillouuuuuuuuttttt.
thanks all keith

Erm,.. if you're addressing that to Franz why are you posting it as a
follup to my message?
/
Jim

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"kelsa" wrote in message
ws.com...
Have just been to Chaumony in France where one of the show gardens had
coloured glass mulches - very striking. Can anyone please tell me where
in UK I can get these mulches? I'm in Derbyshire, so if not near here,
I need someone who does mail order.
Many thanks!

How very perfectly awfully kitsch and tasteless.

Everyone has their own taste! Some people even grow sedum spectabile ;-)

I bet the glass shards do not attract much by way of butterflies. {:-))
Of course, the OP is welcome to his/her taste. That does not prevent it
from having the attributes I ascribed to it.

Franz

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"keith" wrote in message
Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!

Of course. Even if it is in fact tasteless.

I probably wouldn't like anything you like
or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly everytime
you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have

you
got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give everyone

chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!

You should read what I write more frequently.

Franz

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

And I thought it was a question on Chinese gardening. Glass mulch.......Ah
so.

Thinks, if you made your own from empty wine bottles it would keep the foxes
out.........Or is that a different thread?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

Just remembered that a few years ago at Hampton court flower show they used
broken up CD's as a mulch,,,,,,,,,good use for all those junk ones that come
through the door.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 28-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"keith" wrote in message
Franz , everyone to the own!!!!!!!I probably wouldn't like anything you

like
or own. life would be boring if I everyone did.How come ,mostly everytime
you respond to a post,you are negative or of no help whatsoever!!! have

you
got a hang-up on life or do you think you own the newsgroup,give everyone

chance & don't judge others tastes!!!!!
chillouuuuuuuuttttt.

Don't top post. It makes a mess of the thread..