Old 01-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Ophelia

Default compost heap question

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:07:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch it.

I am sure Ophelia will pass on any unwanted Laphroig Xmas gifts to you
Franz :-)
--
Martin

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts know my
preference

Old 01-11-2003, 03:24 PM
martin

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:18:32 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch it.

I am sure Ophelia will pass on any unwanted Laphroig Xmas gifts to you
Franz :-)
--
Martin

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts know my
preference

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts? :-)

--
Martin
Old 01-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Ophelia

"martin" wrote in message

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts know

my
preference

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts? :-)

How about Franzes and Martins?

Old 01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Stephen Howard" wrote in message
: ...
:
: [snip]
:
: I have said in another contribution that this discussion is getting
: precisely nowhere and that I am bowing out of this thread.
:
: Franz
:
How come you always bow out of the ones you start, Franz?

You have just failed miserably to start another argument.

Franz

Old 01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch it.

I am sure Ophelia will pass on any unwanted Laphroig Xmas gifts to you
Franz :-)

Since Ophelia thinks Laphroig is worthless, I will swap her any blended
whisky for Laphroig, bottle for bottle.
{:-))
I wonder what she thinks of Talisker.

Franz

Old 01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch

it.

I am sure Ophelia will pass on any unwanted Laphroig Xmas gifts to you
Franz :-)
--
Martin

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts know

my
preference

Do you really mean that bland Speyside stuff?
Says he, ducking fast.

Franz

Old 01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch it.
{:-))

I will leave it to you medear) We prefer Dalwhinnie

O in the home of Scotch whisky

My wife gets through the Dalwhinnie faster than I get through the Laphroig

Franz

Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
martin

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:23:49 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts know

my
preference

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts? :-)

How about Franzes and Martins?

Nothing but trouble :-)
--
Martin
Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Ophelia

wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch

it.

I am sure Ophelia will pass on any unwanted Laphroig Xmas gifts to you
Franz :-)

Since Ophelia thinks Laphroig is worthless, I will swap her any blended
whisky for Laphroig, bottle for bottle.
{:-))
I wonder what she thinks of Talisker.

I think I will stick with my Dalwhinnie thank you

Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

Do you really mean that bland Speyside stuff?
Says he, ducking fast.

You well may duck young fella me lad...........................

Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Ophelia

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

I prefer Laphroig or Lagavulin. Here goes. {:-))

yeuch.. Laphroig tastes Iodine with cough medicine

You need to learn how to appreciate it. There is no whisky to touch

it.
{:-))

I will leave it to you medear) We prefer Dalwhinnie

O in the home of Scotch whisky

My wife gets through the Dalwhinnie faster than I get through the Laphroig

LOL... sends warm greetings to Mrs Heymann)

Old 01-11-2003, 04:23 PM
martin

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:08:47 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message

Oh of course Martin)) Fortunately for me people who give me gifts

know
my
preference

Beware of Geeks bearing gifts? :-)

How about Franzes and Martins?

Nothing but trouble :-)

LOL Persackerly!

You'll be joining Franz and I in a cosy kill file, if you aren't
careful.

--
Martin

Old 02-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Martin Brown

In message , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(Martin Brown) wrote:

You do realise that burning peat for heat and power is actually far
worse for the environment

He's in Ireland. Almost all their energy has to be imported except peat
and they've got a lot of it.

But it makes a mockery of green environmental policy. I am pretty sure
they have trees and forests in Ireland that are renewable (unlike
Iceland where trees are very rare and protected).

Burning megatonnes of peat to generate power is far more environmentally
destructive than the amount sold for garden use.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown