Old 02-11-2003, 01:22 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Remind me why I wanted rain?

Hi,

I know that we have had too little rain, and the crops are struggling, and
the lawn still looks like it has been Naplamed, but wouldn't some gentle
overnight rain have been enough?

All those pretty 'once in a lifetime' displays of autumn leaves are being
blown off as the trees bend from vertical to horizontal.

And there is worse to come.

Make it stop a little?

Please?

Whooooooooooooooooooo!!

Dave R

Old 02-11-2003, 10:02 PM
shazzbat

--

Be careful what you wish for.......

Steve (All my containers are full now)

Old 03-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Heather

Make it stop a little?

Please?

Whooooooooooooooooooo!!

Dave R

and at least it showed me which gutters were in need of emptying (of moss
and leaves that is). Unfortunately it was all of them........

Heather

--

Spamtrap in operation. To reply to me direct put out the BINs. To save
yourself the trouble, reply to the Group.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:23 AM
David Hill

Well I was lifting dahlias day before yesterday (Saturday), and despite
having had over 3 inches of rain they were still coming up clean and almost
dry.
Don't know how they will be to morrow after another inch and a half +

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Philip

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
Well I was lifting dahlias day before yesterday (Saturday), and despite
having had over 3 inches of rain they were still coming up clean and almost
dry.
Don't know how they will be to morrow after another inch and a half +

Suburban Surrey reports :

Saturday morning conditions -

Ground which I turned over last week has had a good soaking and is wet
down as deep as I care to look.
Ground which has lain undistrubed all summer is only showing dampness
for the first 1.5 to 2 inches.

I am hoping to see it wetter now since both Saturday and Sunday nights
delivered considerably more rain.

Old 05-11-2003, 07:22 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I know that we have had too little rain, and the crops are struggling, and
the lawn still looks like it has been Naplamed, but wouldn't some gentle
overnight rain have been enough?

All those pretty 'once in a lifetime' displays of autumn leaves are being
blown off as the trees bend from vertical to horizontal.

And there is worse to come.

Make it stop a little?

Please?

Whooooooooooooooooooo!!

Dave R

Seems that a plea to URG (all hail) brings results!

Been a lovely few days.

Cheers
Dave R

Old 05-11-2003, 08:12 PM
David Hill

We've had just over 4 inches of rain and winds of up to 70 mph in the last
few days.
This morning I took the camera out and took a few pics, posted on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens under "November colour"
was also lifting dahlias this afternoon and the soil still isn't wet, just
moist, still falling off easily.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-11-2003, 07:12 AM
JennyC

"David Hill" wrote in message
We've had just over 4 inches of rain and winds of up to 70 mph in the last
few days.
This morning I took the camera out and took a few pics, posted on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens under "November colour"
was also lifting dahlias this afternoon and the soil still isn't wet, just
moist, still falling off easily.
David Hill

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but it does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Jenny

Old 06-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Ron Clark

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:08:32 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but it does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Freeserve carry it

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 06-11-2003, 09:14 PM
martin

"David Hill" wrote in message
We've had just over 4 inches of rain and winds of up to 70 mph in the =

last
few days.
This morning I took the camera out and took a few pics, posted on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens under "November colour"
was also lifting dahlias this afternoon and the soil still isn't wet,=

just
moist, still falling off easily.
David Hill

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but it=

does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

News.cis.dfn.de doesn't provide binary newsgroups.

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Jenny

--=20
Martin

Old 06-11-2003, 09:14 PM
martin

"David Hill" wrote in message
We've had just over 4 inches of rain and winds of up to 70 mph in the =

last
few days.
This morning I took the camera out and took a few pics, posted on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens under "November colour"
was also lifting dahlias this afternoon and the soil still isn't wet,=

just
moist, still falling off easily.
David Hill

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but it=

does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

I can access it with news.wanadoo.nl

Ask Cello to add it to their news server.

psst! wanna buy a picture missus? :-)
--=20
Martin
Old 06-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ron Clark" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:08:32 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but it

does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Freeserve carry it

So does btopenworld

Franz

Old 08-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:08:32 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but
it does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Freeserve carry it

So does Zetnet.

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 08-11-2003, 11:02 AM
martin

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:27:34 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:08:32 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but
it does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Freeserve carry it

So does Zetnet.

which offers free virus deletion on server, as you probably know?
--=20
Martin
Old 08-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:
The message
from Ron Clark contains these words:
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:08:32 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

Curious as i am, I tried to go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, but
it does
not appear on my list (via News.CIS.DFN.DE)

I know a lot of URGlers use the same server. How do you access
alt.bin..........?

Freeserve carry it

So does Zetnet.

which offers free virus deletion on server, as you probably know?

Yes. We do get to notice such benefits, especially as many of us use a
system of downloaded (and uploaded) packets for offline processing. You
tend to get a bit ipssde-fof if you receive twenty or thirty Svens in a
download innit.

--
Rusty Hinge
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/