GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rambling`s (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/46593-rambling%60s.html)

Kate Morgan 03-11-2003 11:02 AM

rambling`s

This morning my greenhouse smells wonderful, that is because when I
prune/trim herbs and Lavender I throw the clipping`s on to the floor and
although it looks untidy the smell as you walk about is well worth it.
In a sheltered corner I found some Hollyhocks just coming into flower,
and as I was sitting there thinking - as you do :-) - a Kestrel flew
down onto the lawn. A good morning so far I think.
kate

Jim W 03-11-2003 01:03 PM

rambling`s

Kate Morgan wrote:

This morning my greenhouse smells wonderful, that is because when I
prune/trim herbs and Lavender I throw the clipping`s on to the floor and
although it looks untidy the smell as you walk about is well worth it.
In a sheltered corner I found some Hollyhocks just coming into flower,
and as I was sitting there thinking - as you do :-) - a Kestrel flew
down onto the lawn. A good morning so far I think.
kate

Well here, we have fantastic winter colour on the Cornus (as expected),
Passiflora and Fuchsia still flowering, Lobelia in baskets at the back
is going strong as ever, and with a bit of rain, everythings looking
good, if autumnal.

Saw a Jay and a Woodpecker at the allotments yesterday. Yep,.. its
pretty good.
/
Jim

Victoria Clare 03-11-2003 03:12 PM

rambling`s

Kate Morgan wrote in
:

This morning my greenhouse smells wonderful, that is because when I
prune/trim herbs and Lavender I throw the clipping`s on to the floor and
although it looks untidy the smell as you walk about is well worth it.

What a good idea! Is the floor of your greenhouse paved? Mine has slabs.

Victoria

Kate Morgan 03-11-2003 04:43 PM

rambling`s

This morning my greenhouse smells wonderful, that is because when I
prune/trim herbs and Lavender I throw the clipping`s on to the floor and
although it looks untidy the smell as you walk about is well worth it.

What a good idea! Is the floor of your greenhouse paved? Mine has slabs.

Victoria

yes mine has slabs too, give it a try I`m sure that you will enjoy :-)