GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lilac in pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/46664-lilac-pot.html)

K 04-11-2003 02:32 PM

Lilac in pot

I have a young - first year - standard lilac in a large pot on my patio. It
is against a SE facing wall and I have raised the pot. Will it need any
protection for the winter?

In SW London

Ron Clark 04-11-2003 02:32 PM

Lilac in pot

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:29:25 -0000, "K" wrote:

I have a young - first year - standard lilac in a large pot on my patio. It
is against a SE facing wall and I have raised the pot. Will it need any
protection for the winter?

I find it's getting rid of lilac that's the problem, not rearing it.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³

Spider 05-11-2003 03:02 PM

Lilac in pot

It would also be a good idea to lag the pot with either bubblewrap, hessian,
old carpet .. anything you've got to hand.
In freezing weather this insulation will protect the pot from cracking, and
also keep the roots and compost from freezing.
Spider

K 06-11-2003 10:02 AM

Lilac in pot

"Spider" wrote in message
: It would also be a good idea to lag the pot with either bubblewrap,
hessian,
: old carpet .. anything you've got to hand.
: In freezing weather this insulation will protect the pot from cracking,
and
: also keep the roots and compost from freezing.
: Spider

Thanks, Spider. I will do that when it gets really cold again.

: K wrote in message
: ...
: I have a young - first year - standard lilac in a large pot on my patio.
: It
: is against a SE facing wall and I have raised the pot. Will it need any
: protection for the winter?
:
: K
: In SW London