Old 12-11-2003, 01:44 PM
TheScullster

Default West Hull Manure Source?

Following on from "Will clay break down" thread:

Does anyone know a good source for rotted manure in the West Hull (East
Yorkshire) area - preferably cheap!?

TIA

Phil

Old 12-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Pat Martindale

In message , TheScullster
writes
Following on from "Will clay break down" thread:

Does anyone know a good source for rotted manure in the West Hull (East
Yorkshire) area - preferably cheap!?

There is a guy out at Beeford - on the A165 towards Bridlington - that
is giving away free horse manure. He advertises regularly round here
that he has so much that he can't get rid of it fast enough. It is good
stuff but if you want really well rotted you might have to dig the pile
a bit!

I can dig out (no pun intended) his phone number if you mail me off
list...

Regards,
--
Pat Martindale
Old 13-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Registered User

Location: East Yorkshire

Swanland, on the M62 near Hull, westbound, has a large equestrian cross country and livery yard. I'm sure if you just walked in and asked nicely they'd be happy to help.

Failing that, all along the M62 you can see horsey places, again just try asking. If you're really stuck, I know a place in Goole about a mile from my own stables that would probably help.
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding Perfection
Old 13-11-2003, 06:12 PM
TheScullster

Thanks for suggestions.
I will try Swanland first (the nearest) and come back if I don't get
anywhere

Phil