Old 20-11-2003, 06:02 PM
JennyC

Default OT threads

I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG, but find that there is
less and less about gardening !

The last straw was the 'diabetic bread' one. OK bread is made from wheat, which
I suppose could be grown in the garden..........but it's all a bit far removed

Jenny

Old 20-11-2003, 06:05 PM

:
: The last straw was the 'diabetic bread' one. OK bread is made from wheat,
which
: I suppose could be grown in the garden..........but it's all a bit far
removed
: .......
:
: Jenny
:
As is George Bush's visit - never mind whether one is for or against. I
don't think he'll be coming to my garden :O))

Old 20-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "K" contains these words:
"JennyC" wrote in message

: I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG, but find that
there is
: less and less about gardening !
:
: The last straw was the 'diabetic bread' one. OK bread is made from wheat,
which
: I suppose could be grown in the garden..........but it's all a bit far
: removed
:
As is George Bush's visit - never mind whether one is for or against. I
don't think he'll be coming to my garden :O))

There's precious little of anything ATM, but as I have neither of these
threads I guess they fell into my spamtrap. I kill anything which is
crossposted to more than two groups.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 20-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "K" contains these words:

Old 20-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "K" contains these words:

Old 20-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "K" contains these words:

Old 20-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Alan Gould

In article , JennyC
writes
I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG, but find that there is
less and less about gardening !

Other gardening groups are also short of on-topic material for whatever
reason, but in the main they do not try to fill up with off-topic posts.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 20-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Tumbleweed

"JennyC" wrote in message
I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG, but find that

there is
less and less about gardening !

The last straw was the 'diabetic bread' one. OK bread is made from wheat,

which
I suppose could be grown in the garden..........but it's all a bit far

removed

Jenny

Compared to most groups I frequent this is a hotbed of on-subject-related
discussions with very few OT threads.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)

Old 20-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Alan Gould contains these words:
In article , JennyC
writes

I have not counted the amount of OT threads here in URG, but find
that there is
less and less about gardening !

Other gardening groups are also short of on-topic material for whatever
reason, but in the main they do not try to fill up with off-topic posts.

In this case, nor did we: both these threads are splurged across a wide
swathe of usenet.

Old 20-11-2003, 08:32 PM
The Hoopeses

K wrote:

As is George Bush's visit - never mind whether one is for or against. I
don't think he'll be coming to my garden :O))

I guess you could really stretch the rules and consider that his name is
Bush. He won't be in mine any time soon either, come to think of it.
Okay, you're right. :-)

-
Al