Old 27-11-2003, 04:23 AM
John Flax

Default Is there anyone there?

Old 27-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Jason Pope

John Flax wrote:

Where?

cheers

Jason
--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sort=3&rows=50

Old 27-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Cerumen

"John Flax" wrote in message

Lots of us.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 27-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

° °
Old 27-11-2003, 02:03 PM
John Flax

Phew! What a relief!

Let me explain,

The phone system here was struck by lightning yesterday. The local computer
service shop has, so far, had to fit 40 new modems. Having been struck by
lightning earlier this year I was concerned that my new modem had again
been affected.

My normal check is to send myself an email but this didn't work yesterday;
my email to myself went to the 'Deleted Items' folder instead of uploading
to Outlook Express. I decided to put something on uk.rec.gardening as there
had been no traffic for some hours. I suppose gardeners go to bed early!

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

Old 27-11-2003, 03:02 PM
John Towill

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:52:09 -0000, John Flax wrote:

Phew! What a relief!

Let me explain,

The phone system here was struck by lightning yesterday. The local computer
service shop has, so far, had to fit 40 new modems. Having been struck by
lightning earlier this year I was concerned that my new modem had again
been affected.

My normal check is to send myself an email but this didn't work yesterday;
my email to myself went to the 'Deleted Items' folder instead of uploading
to Outlook Express. I decided to put something on uk.rec.gardening as there
had been no traffic for some hours. I suppose gardeners go to bed early!

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

"John Flax" wrote in message

Maybe you have more intelligence than we think, and have kill filed
yourself! :-)
Cheers
John T

--
All e-mails and attachments are virus checked with Norton before sending.
Old 27-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "John Flax" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

Crap mailreader?

OE never even makes it onto the box on an install here.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 27-11-2003, 03:13 PM
martin

wrote:

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

because your wife has gagged you?
--
Martin
Old 27-11-2003, 03:13 PM
martin

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:58:57 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "John Flax" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

Crap mailreader?

OE never even makes it onto the box on an install here.

How do you know it's crap then? eh come on answer?
--
Martin
Old 27-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Nick Wagg

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

° °

Who are you making eyes at?
--
Nick Wagg

Old 27-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , John Flax john@grangefh.
freeserve.co.uk writes
Phew! What a relief!

Let me explain,

The phone system here was struck by lightning yesterday.

You aren't in Lancaster by any chance, are you?

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 27-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:
The message
from "John Flax" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

Crap mailreader?

OE never even makes it onto the box on an install here.

How do you know it's crap then? eh come on answer?

I've seen the results of people using it, misusing it, and abusing it.
Any mailreader that has to be hedged about by a 6" thick protective
armoured dome, and which defaults to HTML an qp is a crap program.

I was using this program before I'd even heard of OE, and I have heard
very few good words for it since.

Even Muco$not are discontinuing it.

God help us when they present the world with a new set of wormholes.

Old 27-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Nick Wagg contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

° °

Who are you making eyes at?

I can see out of your monitor, you know.

Nick, don't do that!

Old 27-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:
In article , John Flax john@grangefh.
freeserve.co.uk writes

Phew! What a relief!

Let me explain,

The phone system here was struck by lightning yesterday.

You aren't in Lancaster by any chance, are you?

If a thunderstorm creeps up on me unawares I can unplug everything
(including power) in a moment and then shut down the computer(s).

note to self

Must test the UPS to see how long it will last now - it's getting on a bit.

Old 27-11-2003, 06:05 PM
martin

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:46:19 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

note to self

Must test the UPS to see how long it will last now - it's getting on a bit.

Note: You must get batteries for your life support system.
--
Martin