GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How High is Your Neighbour's Hedge Allowed To Grow? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/47856-how-high-your-neighbours-hedge-allowed-grow.html)

Sacha 29-11-2003 08:34 PM

How High is Your Neighbour's Hedge Allowed To Grow?

Janice29/11/03 7:12

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Situation: We want to buy a house which we really like. The only
drawback is that there is a 12' high leylandi hedge, located about 12'

It is a dispute just waiting to happen, and may already be such, so why

the
vendor is selling (or trying to sell) the property.

If that's the case, the vendor is obliged to reveal an existing
neighbour-dispute.

AFAIK, you're only obliged to reveal a dispute if you're asked directly. I
don't think you're under any obligation to reveal that information if not
asked the question directly.

AFAIR, When you sell a house, you are sent a form and included on that form
is the question of any disputes with neighbours. I think that's pretty
direct.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Janet Baraclough 30-11-2003 12:02 AM

How High is Your Neighbour's Hedge Allowed To Grow?

The message
from "Janice" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Situation: We want to buy a house which we really like. The only
drawback is that there is a 12' high leylandi hedge, located about 12'

It is a dispute just waiting to happen, and may already be such, so why

the
vendor is selling (or trying to sell) the property.

If that's the case, the vendor is obliged to reveal an existing
neighbour-dispute.

AFAIK, you're only obliged to reveal a dispute if you're asked directly. I
don't think you're under any obligation to reveal that information if not
asked the question directly.

These days it's a standard enquiry from conveyance solicitors during
their searches. People should bear this in mind when dealing with
neighbour issues.

Janet.

David @chaplehouse.demon.co.uk 30-11-2003 02:04 PM

How High is Your Neighbour's Hedge Allowed To Grow?

In article , Janice
writes
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Situation: We want to buy a house which we really like. The only
drawback is that there is a 12' high leylandi hedge, located about 12'

It is a dispute just waiting to happen, and may already be such, so why

the
vendor is selling (or trying to sell) the property.

If that's the case, the vendor is obliged to reveal an existing
neighbour-dispute.

AFAIK, you're only obliged to reveal a dispute if you're asked directly. I
don't think you're under any obligation to reveal that information if not
asked the question directly.

No, you're legally obliged to tell of any disputes, does it also apply
to new houses/developers though?
--
David