GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greenhouse identification sought (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48374-greenhouse-identification-sought.html)

Peter Crighton 09-12-2003 08:07 PM

Greenhouse identification sought

I have bought a second hand greenhouse, and only realised that it
didn't have the door with it when I got home. I think it could be a
current model as the glass has never been fitted (it's still in
cardboard boxes) although the frame had been assembled.

So I'd like to identify the make and/or model. I have posted some
photos at http://www.p-cright.demon.co.uk/gree...reenhouse.htm,
including the door runner.

One key identifying feature might be a number 9 (or possibly 6)
stamped on the angle piece that joins the vertical to the roof at each
corner, next to the gutter.

TIA to anyone who can help.
--

Peter Crighton
Email To: peter (at) p-cright.demon.co.uk

The Q 10-12-2003 07:36 PM

"Peter Crighton" wrote in message
I have bought a second hand greenhouse, and only realised that it
didn't have the door with it when I got home. I think it could be a
current model as the glass has never been fitted (it's still in
cardboard boxes) although the frame had been assembled.

So I'd like to identify the make and/or model. I have posted some
photos at http://www.p-cright.demon.co.uk/gree...reenhouse.htm,
including the door runner.

One key identifying feature might be a number 9 (or possibly 6)
stamped on the angle piece that joins the vertical to the roof at each
corner, next to the gutter.

TIA to anyone who can help.
--

Peter Crighton
Email To: peter (at) p-cright.demon.co.uk

Go and have a look at the greenhouses in B&Q or Hombase I think they'll look
very familiar! (B&Q are cheaper).

As an Aside to this, you weren't the Peter Crighton who sailed lasers In
Saudi Arabia were you?

The Q

David Hill 10-12-2003 10:09 PM

Greenhouse identification sought

Why don't you ask the people you got it from Where they got it, should then
make ident easier

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Peter Crighton 11-12-2003 12:35 AM

Greenhouse identification sought

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:32:19 -0000, "The Q"
wrote:

Go and have a look at the greenhouses in B&Q or Hombase I think they'll look
very familiar! (B&Q are cheaper).

I've tried B&Q and a local greenhouse shop. The shop said that the
make Homebase sold was the same as one they sold. B&Q's looked
different

Are you saying B&Q have/had EXACTLY this model (the two in my local
one were different). Do you have one and can confirm that the door
runner is IDENTICAL.

Looking on their website the "Greenhouse with Horticultural Glass"
looks the same but then so do many pic's on the web. They didn't have
this basic model erected in my local B&Q Warehouse.

As an Aside to this, you weren't the Peter Crighton who sailed lasers In
Saudi Arabia were you?

No!