GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cost of garden maintenance (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48456-cost-garden-maintenance.html)

chris 11-12-2003 01:11 PM

Cost of garden maintenance

Hi all
Do to a back injury I am now unable to do my own garden
Could someone here advise on the going hourly rate that a gardener
would charge for regular maintenance work - grass cutting / weeding
borders / pruning etc. in the Luton area.
Thanks for any help

bnd777 12-12-2003 12:09 AM

Cost of garden maintenance

"chris" wrote in message
Hi all
Do to a back injury I am now unable to do my own garden
Could someone here advise on the going hourly rate that a gardener
would charge for regular maintenance work - grass cutting / weeding
borders / pruning etc. in the Luton area.
Thanks for any help

You will be very lucky to get any one decent for less than £10 per hour

martin 12-12-2003 10:12 AM

Cost of garden maintenance

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:54:40 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

"chris" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all
Do to a back injury I am now unable to do my own garden
Could someone here advise on the going hourly rate that a gardener
would charge for regular maintenance work - grass cutting / weeding
borders / pruning etc. in the Luton area.
Thanks for any help

You will be very lucky to get any one decent for less than £10 per hour

and two indecent are only for the very rich.

--
Martin

Charlie Pridham 12-12-2003 10:33 AM

Cost of garden maintenance

"bnd777" wrote in message

"chris" wrote in message
Hi all
Do to a back injury I am now unable to do my own garden
Could someone here advise on the going hourly rate that a gardener
would charge for regular maintenance work - grass cutting / weeding
borders / pruning etc. in the Luton area.
Thanks for any help

You will be very lucky to get any one decent for less than £10 per hour

Given that the person has to get to and from the garden (dead time) I am
surprised you can get them that cheap!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk