Old 13-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT email from africa

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:47:49 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling of deja vu and sniff a late night slug :-)

I really have no idea what you're driving at, martin.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 13-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , JennyC
writes

"anita" wrote in message
ws.com...
Hi everyone

Sorry for this OT question, but i don't know what to do.
I have been sent an email from someone in africa asking for help and
bank details, i know this is a con, but are we to report this to
someone , i remember seeing something on tv and reports in news, and i
can not remember if i should just delete it or report it.
Thanks

anita

Report it to your local police. They should have a fraud department
that will be
interested in it.

Most likely not, unless the letter contains useful info.

In the UK NCIS advise that they don't want any sent to them

http://www.ncis.co.uk/advancefeefraud.asp

The Met. Police say to only forward to them if the email contains
fraudsters addresses, bank accounts, telephone numbers:

http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/419.htm
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 13-12-2003, 10:06 AM
martin

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:13:45 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message m
from anita contains these words:

Sorry for this OT question, but i don't know what to do.
I have been sent an email from someone in africa asking for help and
bank details, i know this is a con, but are we to report this to
someone , i remember seeing something on tv and reports in news, and i
can not remember if i should just delete it or report it.

I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
complete with header to:

Can you imagine the result?

'ere PC Dixon there's somebody offering us USD200,000,000 ....
--
Martin
Old 13-12-2003, 10:10 AM
martin

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:19:28 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

snip iterations

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling of deja vu and sniff a late night slug :-)

I really have no idea what you're driving at, martin.

nor me :-)
--
Martin

Old 13-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Arthur

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message m
from anita contains these words:

Sorry for this OT question, but i don't know what to do.
I have been sent an email from someone in africa asking for help and
bank details, i know this is a con, but are we to report this to
someone , i remember seeing something on tv and reports in news, and i
can not remember if i should just delete it or report it.

I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
complete with header to:

No. The police get thousands of these forwarded every day. They have seen
them all before. They have better things to do than sort through all the
forwarded junk mails.

- Arthur

Old 13-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by martin
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:19:28 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

snip iterations

I have a strong feeling that nothing will happen if you report it, so you
might as well just reply to them that you have reported them, even if you
don't do anything.

I have a strong feeling of deja vu and sniff a late night slug :-)

I really have no idea what you're driving at, martin.

nor me :-)
--
Martin

Thank you for all the advice,
You guys are really brilliant.
__________________
Anita X
Old 13-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
complete with header to:

Can you imagine the result?

'ere PC Dixon there's somebody offering us USD200,000,000 ....

Nah....

"Just pass this to PC 419, will you?

Old 13-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Arthur" contains these words:

I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
complete with header to:

No. The police get thousands of these forwarded every day. They have seen
them all before. They have better things to do than sort through all the
forwarded junk mails.

And new ones? They're clairvoyant?

I have asked them if they want me to stop sending them, and received
just an acknowledgement......

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 13-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message m
from anita contains these words:

Thank you for all the advice,
You guys are really brilliant.

I think we deserve another slug or two? [33]

[33] Of whisky, I hasten to add.

Old 13-12-2003, 02:34 PM
martin

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:33:31 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
complete with header to:

Can you imagine the result?

'ere PC Dixon there's somebody offering us USD200,000,000 ....

Nah....

"Just pass this to PC 419, will you?

PC419? Who she?
--
Martin
Old 13-12-2003, 02:34 PM
martin

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:36:51 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message m
from anita contains these words:

Thank you for all the advice,
You guys are really brilliant.

I think we deserve another slug or two? [33]

[33] Of whisky, I hasten to add.

I suspect Anita is after something, like my bottle of winter warming
medicinal Stroh Rhum.
--
Martin
Old 13-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:20:08 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Apologies for the quadruple posting. Computer glitch.

Twitchy finger? :-)

Can't understand it. Kept getting message "unable to deliver", so reposted
four times in succession, till I got tired of the game. Soon afterwards the
whole shebang graunched and I had to reboot.

Franz