GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Christmas present - falconry? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48748-ot-christmas-present-falconry.html)

Sacha 17-12-2003 04:43 PM

OT Christmas present - falconry?

We have absolutely nothing to do with this business but I happened to be in
Exeter a couple of weeks ago and saw two men with Harris Hawks, handing out
leaflets. We've bought two vouchers for members of this family. For the
person who has everything or has you really *stuck*...... ;-)
I love to see these birds working and so, to me, it would be a wonderful
present.

www.marshallfalcons.co.uk
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

hugh 18-12-2003 06:05 PM

OT Christmas present - falconry?

In message , Sacha
writes
We have absolutely nothing to do with this business but I happened to be in
Exeter a couple of weeks ago and saw two men with Harris Hawks, handing out
leaflets. We've bought two vouchers for members of this family. For the
person who has everything or has you really *stuck*...... ;-)
I love to see these birds working and so, to me, it would be a wonderful
present.

www.marshallfalcons.co.uk

Bought a similar thing for my son years ago at a falconry nr Newent,
Gloucestershire. He really enjoyed it even though the weather wasn't
brilliant for flying.

When he returned the visitor centre was open and lots of tourists were
taking video and photos of him walking around with a hawk on his arm.
Often wonder which parts of the world those pictures went to.

For a while afterwards I did have to keep explaining that the neighbours
wouldn't really be too happy if a Goshawk kept devouring all the local
blue-tits and robins etc.!!!!
--
hugh