GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Garden in URG webring (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48969-new-garden-urg-webring.html)

cormaic 21-12-2003 03:35 PM

New Garden in URG webring

After a prolonged absence from urg due to health problems,
I've just nipped back in to announce that the urg web ring has a new
member. Martin and Anna Sykes have created a site that provides a tour
of their new garden in Cheshire. You can have a snoop around their
patch by accessing.....

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~sykesm/garden.html

For those of you who don't know about it, the urg webring
specifically links web-sites of gardens belonging to some of the urg
subscribers.

The urg web-ring is designed to provide a simple and
user-friendly way for urglers to look at each others' gardens via the
web. All the sites in the ring are linked, so that a new garden is
only ever a couple of clicks away.

Free membership is open to any urgler with a suitable 'My
Garden' type website. No commercial sites are admitted to the webring,
so every site is a glimpse of a private garden belonging to someone
who contributes to this newsgroup, and no-one tries to flog you
something you neither want nor need. :~)

The urg web-ring home page, with the web-ring application form
and fuller details can be found at...

http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgring1.htm

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk

John Towill 21-12-2003 05:03 PM

New Garden in URG webring

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:29:29 +0000, cormaic wrote:

Welcome back cormaic, you have been missed :-((
Cheers
John T
--
If emailing direct please remove
wet from towill.

K 21-12-2003 05:45 PM

New Garden in URG webring

"John Towill" wrote in message
.. .
: On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:29:29 +0000, cormaic wrote:
:
: Welcome back cormaic, you have been missed :-((
: Cheers
: John T
: --
: If emailing direct please remove
: wet from towill.

Hear, hear. Sorry to hear of your health problems. Someone on here said
you had been working hard.

Jaques d'Alltrades 21-12-2003 09:43 PM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from cormaic contains these words:

After a prolonged absence from urg due to health problems,
I've just nipped back in to announce that the urg web ring has a new
member. Martin and Anna Sykes have created a site that provides a tour
of their new garden in Cheshire. You can have a snoop around their
patch by accessing.....

Nice to see you again Cormaic. I hope things are better now.

Unfortunately i don't think my site will qualify, as it is primarily
aimed at selling hi-fi, though I could hive some sub-directories off.

Good for a laugh........

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Jaques d'Alltrades 21-12-2003 09:43 PM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from "K" contains these words:

: Welcome back cormaic, you have been missed :-((

Hear, hear. Sorry to hear of your health problems. Someone on here said
you had been working hard.

Same thing, I thought.

martin 22-12-2003 09:14 AM

New Garden in URG webring

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:37:35 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

Unfortunately i don't think my site will qualify, as it is primarily
aimed at selling hi-fi, though I could hive some sub-directories off.

Good for a laugh........

or even a quiet titter ....

which bit is intended to make me buy hi-fi from you?
--
Martin

Jaques d'Alltrades 22-12-2003 11:43 AM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from martin contains these words:

which bit is intended to make me buy hi-fi from you?

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/deck2a.jpg

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/slate1.htm

HTH

martin 22-12-2003 12:12 PM

New Garden in URG webring

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:33:44 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

which bit is intended to make me buy hi-fi from you?

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/deck2a.jpg

I have got something like that in the loft.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/slate1.htm

Gosh a museum :-)

In the days of CDs and DVDs do people still buy them?

I'm glad I didn't find it immediately, I enjoyed reading the rest of
your ramblings :-)
--
Martin

Jaques d'Alltrades 22-12-2003 04:05 PM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from martin contains these words:

Gosh a museum :-)

In the days of CDs and DVDs do people still buy them?

I'm glad I didn't find it immediately, I enjoyed reading the rest of
your ramblings :-)

There's more, but you have to *REALLY* look hard.

Yes, people do still buy them, and even these days good vinyl pressings
still beat CDs to a frazzle. While I have a high-end CD player (Shan
Ling) and have tried others, good clean vinyl played on a decent
turntable with a good arm and pickup still has greater acoustic range
and richness.

Mind you, the arm and pickup I use costs the best part of one and a half
kilopounds, so it damn-well ought to!

Have a goggle at Diverse Vinyl, www.diverse-music.co.uk

I can't comment on DVDs as I haven't got a DVD player.

martin 22-12-2003 05:04 PM

New Garden in URG webring

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:26:01 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Gosh a museum :-)

In the days of CDs and DVDs do people still buy them?

I'm glad I didn't find it immediately, I enjoyed reading the rest of
your ramblings :-)

There's more, but you have to *REALLY* look hard.

Yes, people do still buy them, and even these days good vinyl pressings
still beat CDs to a frazzle. While I have a high-end CD player (Shan
Ling) and have tried others, good clean vinyl played on a decent
turntable with a good arm and pickup still has greater acoustic range
and richness.

once one is over 50 one's hearing can't tell the difference between a
wax cylinder recording, a cuckoo clock and a DVD.

Mind you, the arm and pickup I use costs the best part of one and a half
kilopounds, so it damn-well ought to!

Have a goggle at Diverse Vinyl, www.diverse-music.co.uk

I can't comment on DVDs as I haven't got a DVD player.

nor me! so I am not the last person in the world without one.
--
Martin

Christopher Norton 23-12-2003 11:05 AM

New Garden in URG webring

Vinyl is still the choice medium of DJ`s. You gotta get the kit from
somewhere, might as well be Jacque the hat. 8-)

Jaques d'Alltrades 23-12-2003 01:13 PM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from martin contains these words:

once one is over 50 one's hearing can't tell the difference between a
wax cylinder recording, a cuckoo clock and a DVD.

You speak for yourself! I can still hear all the test tones on a test
LP, some of which some youngsters I know can't hear. Mind you, they
always listen to their mus^^^^noise too on too high a volume.

Mind you, the arm and pickup I use costs the best part of one and a half
kilopounds, so it damn-well ought to!

Have a goggle at Diverse Vinyl, www.diverse-music.co.uk

I can't comment on DVDs as I haven't got a DVD player.

nor me! so I am not the last person in the world without one.

I'm liable to be getting one for the box so's I can run Visual
Basic.NET, but I have no plans for an audio one. I don't even use the
ones in my boxen for listening. No room for the speakers....

Jaques d'Alltrades 23-12-2003 02:04 PM

New Garden in URG webring

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

Vinyl is still the choice medium of DJ`s. You gotta get the kit from
somewhere, might as well be Jacque the hat. 8-)

Not Jaques the Hat Digestive?

Way back in the early 'sixties I lived in a Scout Hostel in Stepney Green.

On my way back from troop meetings (One of the conditions of living
there was to help with a local troop) I would drop in on the Hayfield
and have a jar and a mardle.

After one of the regulars had left, the landlord asked me: "You know
Jack, then?"

"Jack?"

"The gee^^gentleman you were drinking with. That's Jack the Hat, you know."

Well, I hadn't known, but I was glad I'd bought him a drink a time or two....

JennyC 28-12-2003 12:42 PM

New Garden in URG webring

"cormaic" wrote in message
After a prolonged absence from urg due to health problems,
I've just nipped back in ...................

Hi Cormaic :~))

Lets hope 2004 is a good year for all URGlers

Jenny (waving madly)