GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A tree for my firstborn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48979-tree-my-firstborn.html)

nogreenfingers 21-12-2003 06:33 PM

A tree for my firstborn

Hello all first time posting here!

Ok we would like some help/suggestions in chossing a tree for our baby boy born back in september

Things to note we have small garden(real suntrap),we will be moving next year or so,so we wish to keep it in a pot for now to be planted in the ground when we move.

Perhaps a fruit tree?? something the family can really share in the future.?
Any ideas????

Many thanks

chris 21-12-2003 09:04 PM

A tree for my firstborn

What about a nice Victoria Plum? They are not too big and your child
will have endless pleasure in future years in picking the fruit. Its
a lovely idea in planting a tree. Well done

Jaques d'Alltrades 22-12-2003 02:33 AM

A tree for my firstborn

The message m
from nogreenfingers
contains these words:

Hello all first time posting here!

Do come into the potting shed and have a glass of my homebrew...

Ok we would like some help/suggestions in chossing a tree for our baby
boy born back in september

Things to note we have small garden(real suntrap),we will be moving
next year or so,so we wish to keep it in a pot for now to be planted in
the ground when we move.

Do you know what you are moving to? Permanent?

Perhaps a fruit tree?? something the family can really share in the
future.?
Any ideas????

Two come to mind: a mulberry, and either a Bramley or a Charles Ross
apple. Dem tree make a good pair..)

The Charles Ross produces gigantic apples which are excellent eaters and
good cookers.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Mary Fisher 22-12-2003 06:12 PM

A tree for my firstborn

The Charles Ross produces gigantic apples which are excellent eaters and
good cookers.

A beautiful apple but our tree isn't doing well after seventy years ...

Mary

Jaques d'Alltrades 23-12-2003 01:13 PM

A tree for my firstborn

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The Charles Ross produces gigantic apples which are excellent eaters and
good cookers.

A beautiful apple but our tree isn't doing well after seventy years ...

I have one on my shopping-list for the coming year. Just where to put it
though....

How about an urglers' gruntforce descent on East Angular?

Bring Kango-hammers for concrete path - or should I just use it as a
foundation for the York stone crazy paving? Nah, not good for planting
thymes etc between the flags. Plan 1: bring big Kango.

I have a pick and a mattock, and all the other necessary tools.

When shall we start?