Old 31-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Kay Easton

Default Rain...Rain....Rain

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in Britain, apparently.

I've been on the one in Middlesborough. Couldn't believe my luck to find
it still operational!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 31-12-2003, 04:50 PM
martin

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:09:16 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in Britain, apparently.

I've been on the one in Middlesborough. Couldn't believe my luck to find
it still operational!

Because you thought Auf Wiedersehen Pet had flogged it to the native
Americans?
--
Martin

Old 31-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Mike Lyle

"David Hill" wrote in message ...
So much for a year of drought, so far this month we have had over 8 inches
of rain.... that's in sunny Swansea area of South Wales.
Over 1 inch today and it's still raining.

Remarkable! I don't measure, but I'm sure we've had nothing like that
Carmarthen way. I've been looking at stars several times this week;
but it's been raining for a couple of hours tonight.

Mike.

Old 31-12-2003, 09:49 PM
David Hill

".........Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born
there ;-) do you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in
Britain, apparently........."

And as you drive from Cardiff towards Newport on the M4 you can see the
bridge off to the left at around 2 to 3 o'clock (Directional not time)

And as I write this, it's raining ........again.

I also think that you may have trouble standing ..ON... Swansea Bay.
From the Nursery I can see the Mumbles Light house.

It may have been "The rolling English drunkard that made the rolling English
roads" but it is "Welsh Water" that has made Birmingham what it is today.
Little did the Welsh know that when the English parliament said "Dam Wales"
that they intended to flood so many of the valleys in so doing.

Happy New Year to all.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 01-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Andy Hunt

I also think that you may have trouble standing ..ON... Swansea Bay.
From the Nursery I can see the Mumbles Light house.

Ah - good point. I suppose it would be "Swansea beach", technically, would
it?

It may have been "The rolling English drunkard that made the rolling

English
roads" but it is "Welsh Water" that has made Birmingham what it is today.
Little did the Welsh know that when the English parliament said "Dam

Wales"
that they intended to flood so many of the valleys in so doing.

Yes indeed - water colonialism at its worst, it doesn't just happen in the
Middle East. Wales is a great resource for wind, rain, and weather of all
descriptions. And still the ONLY country in the world to have sustainability
written into its constitution!

Makes me proud to be Welsh.

Andrew

Old 02-01-2004, 01:25 AM
David Hill

If only they could get the rain BEFORE it hit the ground. we had 1.7 inches
last night in just over 6 hours, and I am still trying to dry things out.
Cars going along the road at around 2 a.m.(during the latest round of almost
non stop fireworks) sounded more like speed boats. Today the road was so
clean it was unbelievable, somewhere there must be a very large pile of
debris.
What a start to the new year

--
David Hill