Old 26-12-2003, 11:02 PM
David Hill

Default Rain...Rain....Rain

So much for a year of drought, so far this month we have had over 8 inches
of rain.... that's in sunny Swansea area of South Wales.
Over 1 inch today and it's still raining.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 26-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Malcolm Kane

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:52:31 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

So much for a year of drought, so far this month we have had over 8

inches
of rain.... that's in sunny Swansea area of South Wales.
Over 1 inch today and it's still raining.

janetjohn would love 8 eight inches.
-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Old 29-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Stephen Goodall

Here in West Yorkshire we have had hardly any rain over Christmas and maybe
be looking at sprinkler bans in the new year.
Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/giftideasuk/
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

Old 29-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Stephen
Goodall writes
Here in West Yorkshire we have had hardly any rain over Christmas and maybe
be looking at sprinkler bans in the new year.

We have had two glorious sunny days, here in Lancaster )))))
Makes a change!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 31-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Andy Hunt

Yes that's Swansea though isn't it!!!!

I used to live there . . . I love it to this day, it's where many of my most
"formative" years were spent, it's beautiful.

But we had a saying when I was there, that if you stand on Swansea bay and
you can see the Mumbles light-house, that means that it's going to rain.

And if you stand on Swansea bay and can't see the light-house . . . that
means it's raining!!!!!

Happy New Year

Andrew

Old 31-12-2003, 05:47 PM
martin

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:11:31 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

Yes that's Swansea though isn't it!!!!

I used to live there . . . I love it to this day, it's where many of my most
"formative" years were spent, it's beautiful.

But we had a saying when I was there, that if you stand on Swansea bay and
you can see the Mumbles light-house, that means that it's going to rain.

And if you stand on Swansea bay and can't see the light-house . . . that
means it's raining!!!!!

When I lived in Newport Mon. I used to do day trips to Swansea to get
away from the incessant rain :-)

The sun always shone on the Mumbles in those days.
--
Martin

Old 31-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Andy Hunt

But we had a saying when I was there, that if you stand on Swansea bay

and
you can see the Mumbles light-house, that means that it's going to rain.

And if you stand on Swansea bay and can't see the light-house . . . that
means it's raining!!!!!

When I lived in Newport Mon. I used to do day trips to Swansea to get
away from the incessant rain :-)

The sun always shone on the Mumbles in those days.

Lol maybe I am exaggerating ;-) Swansea in the sun is just beautiful.
Sitting on a bench in the gardens by the Patti Pavilion, with the soft sound
of Swansea sea washing up on the beach nearby . . . it brings a tear to the
eye. I try to go there every year for a week or two, it's sort of "touching
base" for my soul. They have palm trees and allsorts down there now, thanks
to global warming, I think.

Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in Britain, apparently.

BTW Martin I hope you don't think the "Andy H" who posted under "UK
Competitions" was me - it wasn't. I was getting paranoid that people here
might not speak to me anymore because of that!

Cymru am byth!!!!!

Andrew

Old 31-12-2003, 05:48 PM
martin

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:27:56 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

But we had a saying when I was there, that if you stand on Swansea bay

and
you can see the Mumbles light-house, that means that it's going to rain.

And if you stand on Swansea bay and can't see the light-house . . . that
means it's raining!!!!!

When I lived in Newport Mon. I used to do day trips to Swansea to get
away from the incessant rain :-)

The sun always shone on the Mumbles in those days.

Lol maybe I am exaggerating ;-) Swansea in the sun is just beautiful.
Sitting on a bench in the gardens by the Patti Pavilion, with the soft sound
of Swansea sea washing up on the beach nearby . . .

What's name of the bit to the west of Mumbles where water spurts out
of holes in the rocks?

it brings a tear to the
eye. I try to go there every year for a week or two, it's sort of "touching
base" for my soul. They have palm trees and allsorts down there now, thanks
to global warming, I think.

Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge?

I do indeed. I used to work at Llanwern, when it was all shiny and
new.

One of only two in Britain, apparently.

the other is in Middlesborough or somewhere near the Grand Canyon.

BTW Martin I hope you don't think the "Andy H" who posted under "UK
Competitions" was me - it wasn't. I was getting paranoid that people here
might not speak to me anymore because of that!

I don't take anything seriously.

Cymru am byth!!!!!

Andrew

--
Martin

Old 31-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in Britain, apparently.

I've been on the one in Middlesborough. Couldn't believe my luck to find
it still operational!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 31-12-2003, 05:48 PM
martin

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:09:16 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Andy Hunt
writes
Newport eh? The town of my birth. Well, someone has to be born there ;-) do
you remember the transporter bridge? One of only two in Britain, apparently.

I've been on the one in Middlesborough. Couldn't believe my luck to find
it still operational!

Because you thought Auf Wiedersehen Pet had flogged it to the native
Americans?
--
Martin