GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Petrol Hedge Cutter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49257-petrol-hedge-cutter.html)

AndWhyNot 28-12-2003 12:42 PM

Petrol Hedge Cutter

Hi All,

I have a (lot) of hedge to trim twice a year (about 300 metres both
sides) of Rustic / Privet / Llayandii / (can't spell it)....
...........and general all mixed in.

My McCollouch (can't spell it) has a 32cc motor (around £120 ish then)
and has served me fairly well, but has now become tired, heavy and
needs replacement. The double blades are riveted and (apparently)
can't be sharpened properly.

Anyone recommend a HEAVY DUTY cutter, price is not too much of a
worry, although it is only used twice a year (if lucky) so this has to
be balanced .......... as the cutter should also be (balanced I mean)

What do professiional (can't spell it) gardeners use ??? AND can you
get a hedge cutter with a spell checker on it???

Stihl ?? but which model ??????

TIA