Old 29-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default Telegraph quiz

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 29-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?

I can't make up my mind whether that's a boast or a plea for help? G

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 29-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Mike

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?

I can't make up my mind whether that's a boast or a plea for help? G

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

I would say that if it was the latter, then the posting would be

"If anyone has done the Telegraph Gardening Crossword what is the answer to
X Across and Y Down? 'cos these are the only 2 I cannot get". So what do I
conclude?????? ;-)

Have a nice day. Pouring with rain on the Isle of Wight and it has been
since 3.00am

Mike

--
Royal Naval Reunion Shanklin I.of Wight (Inc Ferry Fare) 30th Jan - 1st Feb
H.M.S.Andromeda Association Reunion Coventry Feb 27th - 29th

Old 29-12-2003, 11:12 AM
martin

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:35:58 GMT, Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?

I can't make up my mind whether that's a boast or a plea for help? G

or the Daily Telegraph or Dalmatian Telegraph quiz.
--
Martin
Old 29-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?

No. Go on then, tell us what the last two are :-)

Janet

Old 29-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Have a nice day. Pouring with rain on the Isle of Wight and it has been
since 3.00am

Dry here in Norfolk, and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

Festive pork pies half-price - freezer is refilling - so any visiting
Urgling carnivore needn't go hungry......

I really must turn this box off and get down to something useful before
it does rain.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 29-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Mike

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Have a nice day. Pouring with rain on the Isle of Wight and it has been
since 3.00am

Dry here in Norfolk,

Still raining here 2.20pm :-(( Nearly 12 hours

and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

I don't like Laproaig, but my daughter does. She is due back from China
tomorrow so will send her off to our Tesco as soon as she has recovered ;-))

Festive pork pies half-price - freezer is refilling - so any visiting
Urgling carnivore needn't go hungry......

:-(( Put on half a stone over Christmas :-((
Didn't help by having 4 Christmas Dinners

I really must turn this box off and get down to something useful before
it does rain.

Quite agree but I dart backwards and forwards in and out of this box ;-)

Garden and everything VERY wet.

Mike
--
Royal Naval Reunion Sandown I.of Wight (Inc Ferry Fare) 30th Jan - 1st Feb

Old 29-12-2003, 06:13 PM
martin

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:18:39 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Have a nice day. Pouring with rain on the Isle of Wight and it has been
since 3.00am

Dry here in Norfolk, and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

Festive pork pies half-price - freezer is refilling - so any visiting
Urgling carnivore needn't go hungry......

I really must turn this box off and get down to something useful before
it does rain.

Dry in Zuid Holland but it was chucking down in West Friesland this
afternoon. The mild weather seems to have turned the canals rotten and
that combined with the stink of freshly cut cauliflowers ruined my
afternoon.
--
Martin
Old 29-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

Fritz? Oh, er, sorry Franz, muster hadda Brianstürm.

I don't like Laproaig, but my daughter does. She is due back from China
tomorrow so will send her off to our Tesco as soon as she has recovered ;-))

Not the only ones by a longmorn - er - long chalk. I just happen to
worship at the shrine of laphroaig, and have done since 1958, so I was
very happy to find some with the offer on them. I also got an Ardbeg
with the same reduction, for my brother, but I don't expect you'll like
that either.

Festive pork pies half-price - freezer is refilling - so any visiting
Urgling carnivore needn't go hungry......

:-(( Put on half a stone over Christmas :-((
Didn't help by having 4 Christmas Dinners

I'm still losing weight a little bit at a time. I can get into all my
old trousers and weskits now.

I really must turn this box off and get down to something useful before
it does rain.

Quite agree but I dart backwards and forwards in and out of this box ;-)

So do I - I tell myself, unconvincingly.

Garden and everything VERY wet.

Garden and everything VERY dark.....

Old 29-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

Fritz? Oh, er, sorry Franz, muster hadda Brianstürm.

By and large I'll answer to any name associated with useful information.
I'll go and have a look tomorrow.

Franz

Old 29-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Have a nice day. Pouring with rain on the Isle of Wight and it has been
since 3.00am

Dry here in Norfolk, and have just raided Tesco's. They have some
excellent malt whiskies (Including Laphroaig and Laphroaig
cask-strength, Fritz) with £5 off.

Festive pork pies half-price - freezer is refilling - so any visiting
Urgling carnivore needn't go hungry......

I really must turn this box off and get down to something useful before
it does rain.

Dry in Zuid Holland but it was chucking down in West Friesland this
afternoon. The mild weather seems to have turned the canals rotten and
that combined with the stink of freshly cut cauliflowers ruined my
afternoon.

Beautiful sunny day, but everything is still frozen bone hard at the top end
of Wensleydale.
It is certain to do some more freezing tonight.

Franz

Old 31-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Anne Jackson
writes
The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

Anyone else doing the gardening quiz in the Telegraph on Saturday? I've
done all but about two questions.?

I can't make up my mind whether that's a boast or a plea for help? G

Definitely a cry for help!

janet
Old 31-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike
writes

I would say that if it was the latter, then the posting would be

"If anyone has done the Telegraph Gardening Crossword what is the answer to
X Across and Y Down? 'cos these are the only 2 I cannot get". So what do I
conclude?????? ;-)

Well it didn't seem fair to ask people to give me the answers if I
couldn't swap one or two with them Mike.
janet

Old 31-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

Janet - I am going to expire with curiosity before 2004 gets a grip on the
world! PLEASE - gi'us a clue!

The quiz is set by the RHS and is fairly difficult, I am not sure about
a couple of my answers and another two I don't know.

One question was:
The plant hunter, David Douglas, worked for the Horticultural Society,
(the forerunner of the RHS), in the 19th century and in 1834 lost his
life while plant hunting in the Sandwich Islands when he was
a) Eaten by a shark
b) Bitten by a snake
c) Gored by a bull
d) Attacked by killer bees

the other that I can't do was a picture of some fir cones and you had to
guess:

These cones are typically borne by:
a) Korean fir
b) Douglas fir
c) Serbian spruce
d) Corsican pine

I get the telegraph every day any way but it's all on the Daily
Telegraph web site and you can enter on line:

the page for the actual quiz is
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotion...l/content/prom
otions/2003/12/11/rhs_form.jhtml

BUT you have to register on the site before taking part.

However anyone can take part so why not have a go?

janet