GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffodils (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49713-daffodils.html)

Robert 05-01-2004 03:12 PM

Daffodils

Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

Robert South West England

MCC 05-01-2004 03:21 PM

Daffodils

"Robert" wrote
Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

Robert South West England

Saw naturalised daffodils in full bloom yesterday by the roadside in
Perranwell, Cornwall - probably been out since the New Year, if not before.
--
MCC
5-Jan-04 15:01:31 GMT

John Towill 05-01-2004 05:08 PM

Daffodils

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:01:31 +0000, MCC wrote:

"Robert" wrote
Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

Robert South West England

Saw naturalised daffodils in full bloom yesterday by the roadside in
Perranwell, Cornwall - probably been out since the New Year, if not before.

You soft Southeners make me sick!
Cheers
John T
--
If emailing direct please remove
wet from towill.

MCC 05-01-2004 05:12 PM

Daffodils

John Towill wrote
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:01:31 +0000, MCC wrote:

"Robert" wrote
Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

Robert South West England

Saw naturalised daffodils in full bloom yesterday by the roadside in
Perranwell, Cornwall - probably been out since the New Year, if not before.

You soft Southeners make me sick!

Me a soft southerner? Born and brought up in Orkney :-)

--
MCC
5-Jan-04 16:53:08 GMT

Sacha 05-01-2004 06:07 PM

Daffodils

MCC5/1/04 3:01

"Robert" wrote
Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

Robert South West England

Saw naturalised daffodils in full bloom yesterday by the roadside in
Perranwell, Cornwall - probably been out since the New Year, if not before.

Those even made the Western Morning News!
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Alan Gould 05-01-2004 06:33 PM

Daffodils

In article , Robert robert29devil's
writes
Picked my first bunch of daffodils from the allotment today. They are a bit
later than last year which is odd considering what's been mentioned as being
in flower. Anybody beaten me to it?

No chance of that here, but we do have a number of daffodils heading up
and possibly ready to open their flowers in a week or so. That is all of
4-6 weeks earlier than in the 25 springs we have been here.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.