Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Bob

Default Spent mushroom compost

Can anybody identify a source for this in the North Derbyshire area.

I would like delivery if possibel and I want about a hundred of the 80 litre
bags if possible.

Old 07-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered User

Location: East Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob
Can anybody identify a source for this in the North Derbyshire area.

Can't help for North Derbyshire, as I worked at a mushroom farm in East Yorks (near Beverley) but would suggest you look out for an address of the growers society and contact them for any local farms.

The bales may not be the size you expect, and contain mostly straw, but that amount would almost certainly be available from most farms very quickly. They probably have a wagon that collects from them weekly and it won't be able to drop off to you (ours went for B&Q grobags, once mixed with sawdust and peat) but if you collect the price may be less anyway. We charged 50p I think per 18 x 12 x 6 inch bale. They are very heavy when collected as have usually been steamed to kill off the mushrooms, so you'll need a strong vehicle and trailer.

One last thing - they stink!
__________________
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding Perfection
Old 07-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Therefore

Hello Hazel
why would they wish to kill off the mushrooms surely they would only spawn a
short time

..........................Leslie

"Hazell B" wrote in message
s.com...

*

--
Hazell B

Old 14-01-2004, 07:02 PM

I live in Beverley & have been thinking about getting mushroom compost
- where's the mushroom farm (or its name so I can look it up). I had
no idea there was one around here.

Wendy

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:28:15 GM - T, Hazell B
wrote:

Bob wrote:
[...]

Mushroom mushroom... Tim Watts[_3_] United Kingdom 19 09-11-2014 10:02 PM
Spent mushroom compost BarryF Lawns 0 11-10-2008 08:13 PM
Spent mushroom compost Bob United Kingdom 0 06-01-2004 11:14 PM
Re(2): Spent mushroom soil Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 12 09-08-2003 08:02 PM
Spent mushroom soil Edible Gardening 7 06-08-2003 03:42 PM