Old 07-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered User

Default Growing watermelons in the UK?

Can anyone give any advice (especially concerning watering) about growing watermelons in the UK? Last year I tried a few variaties, both in a greenhouse and outside, but I found that they grew to about half the size of a football, then dropped off the stem of the plant. I have successfully grown pumpkins and squashes for many years and wanted to try something different. I am in Hampshire.

Any advice for growing watermelons? Zimmy Edible Gardening 13 13-05-2007 05:03 AM
Growing watermelons. ceed Texas 4 11-04-2005 02:39 AM
Should Watermelons Be Sheltered From The Sun brsher Edible Gardening 5 11-08-2003 08:03 PM
Sick Watermelons?? junkyardcat Gardening 2 14-07-2003 01:22 AM
problem with watermelons / rockmelons Perksy Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:34 AM