Old 08-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Janice

Default Eryngium Alpinum Seeds

I'm somewhat confused on how to sow and grow seeds of Eryngium Alpinum.

Apparently, germination takes from 5-90 days (!) The instructions are to
sow in early spring at 65-75F temperature, and then when the seedlings are
larger to grow on in cool conditions.

It'll be a miracle if spring is 65-75F, so I assume I'll have to sow the
seeds indoors, yes? no? Also, if it takes up to 90 days to germinate then
it will be hot when the instructions are to keep them cool so what do I do
then?

I think I might not bother with the seeds and just buy a plant instead, if I
can find one somewhere! I wanted a couple of these last year but couldn't
find the Alpinum type, which is why I bought the seeds.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Regards

Old 08-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Rene Blom

Hello Janice,

Sow them now they germinate better with a cold poriod

Regards ReneBlom

some tips on my site
http://members.home.nl/rene.blom/index.htm

"Janice" schreef in bericht

Old 08-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Janice

"Rene Blom" wrote in message
Hello Janice,

Sow them now they germinate better with a cold poriod

Regards ReneBlom

some tips on my site
http://members.home.nl/rene.blom/index.htm

Thanks, Rene. Which part of your site has the tips for the Eryngium? I can
direct my Dutch brother-in-law there so he can translate for me.

Best regards

"Janice" schreef in bericht

Old 08-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Janice

"Rene Blom" wrote in message
Hello Janice,

Sow them now they germinate better with a cold poriod

Regards ReneBlom

some tips on my site
http://members.home.nl/rene.blom/index.htm

Hi again, Rene. I've just found the link to your English section!

Thanks again,

Leontopodium alpinum e+d Garden Photos 0 23-08-2008 08:03 AM
Leontopodium alpinum zircO Plant Science 3 19-04-2004 11:03 AM
Eryngium Alpinum Janice United Kingdom 4 09-09-2003 07:03 PM
Large Flowered Eryngium mbb United Kingdom 1 09-08-2003 02:14 AM
Eryngium (Sea Holly) ???? Alan United Kingdom 6 27-06-2003 10:56 PM