GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where do red spider mite come from? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49983-where-do-red-spider-mite-come.html)

Pam Moore 09-01-2004 05:37 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)
They were looking OK before Christmas but when I came home after a
week away they looked a bit sad. I thought they were dry or cold or
both. Deterioration continued and then a maginfying glass showed me
it is red spider mite.
I have had this problem on other plants, but not for at least 3 years.
Where have they come from? None of the other plants nearby, in my
living room, are affected. They don't fly like carrot fly do they?

Pam in Bristol

martin 09-01-2004 05:37 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:59:04 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

If you have glaucoma you should have medical treatment. It results in
blindness quite quickly, if left untreated.
--
Martin

Emrys Davies 09-01-2004 06:03 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

'Pam',

I too have suffered a lot from this mite in the past and I think that
this site makes real sense of the subject.. Hope it helps.

http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/gre...pider_mite.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Synaptic Flow 09-01-2004 06:03 PM

wrote:

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

If you have glaucoma you should have medical treatment. It results in
blindness quite quickly, if left untreated.
--
Martin

C. Sativa or Indica reduces interoccluar pressure very effectivly & has less
side effects than the pharmecutical treatments, though shouldn't be used as
a complete replacement. http://www.bonsaigarden.net/ftspidermite.asp has
lots of info on spider mite. If you need more links on growing C. Sativa,
contact me off list & I'll give you some good URLs.

martin 09-01-2004 06:12 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:54:27 -0000, "Synaptic Flow"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

If you have glaucoma you should have medical treatment. It results in
blindness quite quickly, if left untreated.
--
Martin

C. Sativa or Indica reduces interoccluar pressure very effectivly & has less
side effects than the pharmecutical treatments.

What side effects? I have had pharmaceutical treatment and the drug
used had no side effects. The side effects of ****ing around with none
science is blindness.
--
Martin

JP 09-01-2004 06:45 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

mummy and daddy red spider mites!?
;)

Perhaps they crawl like big spiders do?

cheers

Jason
--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Synaptic Flow 09-01-2004 06:47 PM

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:54:27 -0000, "Synaptic Flow"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

If you have glaucoma you should have medical treatment. It results in
blindness quite quickly, if left untreated.
--
Martin

C. Sativa or Indica reduces interoccluar pressure very effectivly & has

less
side effects than the pharmecutical treatments.

What side effects? I have had pharmaceutical treatment and the drug
used had no side effects. The side effects of ****ing around with none
science is blindness.
--
Martin

According to people I've talked to who have glaucoma & have had side effects
it's mainly itchiness & slight swelling, but, it varies from person to
person & treatment to treatment. I would comment though that your treatment
may need some review as it appears you have managed to not only snip my
intitial statement which stated "shouldn't be used as a complete
replacement" but also introduced a period which completely changes the
context of the sentence.

Sacha 09-01-2004 07:42 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

Pam Moore9/1/04 4:59

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

snip

I'm not at all up on this subject, Pam but isn't there an operation for
Glaucoma now?
Not all herbal treatments are good for us........side effects etc?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

martin 09-01-2004 07:52 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:41:40 -0000, "Synaptic Flow"
wrote:

According to people I've talked to who have glaucoma & have had side effects
it's mainly itchiness & slight swelling, but, it varies from person to
person & treatment to treatment. I would comment though that your treatment
may need some review as it appears you have managed to not only snip my
intitial statement which stated "shouldn't be used as a complete
replacement"

Are you a doctor?

Why is any replacement necessary or even to be considered?

but also introduced a period which completely changes the
context of the sentence.

I am sorry, I snipped to leave the context. I commented on your
remark about side effects.

I wouldn't recommend anything other than getting professional advice
from a doctor. There are a frightening number of people, who go blind
for no good reason in UK every year. Glaucoma is not a joke, nor is it
a thing to be treated by an amateur.
--
Martin

martin 09-01-2004 08:07 PM

Where do red spider mite come from?

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:15:15 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Pam Moore9/1/04 4:59

I have been caring for some seedlings of a plant I should not be
growing and it looks as though "someone up there" has decided I should
not grow them, even as a curiosity! (The substance is supposed to be
good for glaucoma which I have!!!)

snip

I'm not at all up on this subject, Pam but isn't there an operation for
Glaucoma now?

My father had surgery to fix it.

I had glaucoma caused by an allergic reaction to an antibiotic after I
had a cataract operation. In fact some people including me are
sensitive to the fluid that the antibiotic is in.
--
Martin