Old 11-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Commercialdiver

Default Honda F410 rotovator

Hi, I've just bought a secondhand one of these but the owner did not have a
copy of a owners or service manual. I've tried to order one but the company I
tried to order them from said that although Honda are very good with spares,
they are very slow with manuals and could not guareentee delelivery in the
immediate future.

Any owners out there who could assist with a copy?

cheers

greg
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Troy

Commercialdiver wrote:

Hi, I've just bought a secondhand one of these but the owner did not have a
copy of a owners or service manual. I've tried to order one but the company I
tried to order them from said that although Honda are very good with spares,
they are very slow with manuals and could not guareentee delelivery in the
immediate future.

Any owners out there who could assist with a copy?

I have the F410 and the owners manual. I can't let you have the manual but
if I can be of any help please ask. The manual has the following contents:-

Tiller Safety
Component Identification
Pre-Operation Check
Starting the Engine
Tiller use
Stopping the Engine
Maintenance
Transportation/Storage
Troubleshooting
Specifications

Most of it is pretty basic stuff but if you're stuck with anything and
can't get a copy of the manual I could check it for you.

HTH.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Commercialdiver

Hi, i've never had a roto before, although I have used a rather ancient
two-stroke model. This F410 has a cable hanging loose on the right handlebar
and the lever is missing. Not too sure what that is for, I want to give it a
basic service (plug/oil etc). The main sections I am interested in a

Pre-Operation Check
Starting the Engine
Maintenance
Troubleshooting

Couldn't be cheeky could I and ask if you have a scanner and could e-mail it to
me? or would it be possible if you could photocopy it? I would cover your
costs?

cheers

greg
Old 12-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Troy

Commercialdiver wrote:

Hi, i've never had a roto before, although I have used a rather ancient
two-stroke model. This F410 has a cable hanging loose on the right handlebar
and the lever is missing. Not too sure what that is for, I want to give it a
basic service (plug/oil etc). The main sections I am interested in a

Pre-Operation Check
Starting the Engine
Maintenance
Troubleshooting

Couldn't be cheeky could I and ask if you have a scanner and could e-mail it to
me? or would it be possible if you could photocopy it? I would cover your
costs?

Hi Greg,

I don't have a scanner at the moment but I *do* have a camera :-) Not as
good as a scanner for this purpose but I think it's done the job. Have a
look here :-

http://www.troytheblacklab.co.uk/honda_f410

Click on the thumbnails for the full size pages. I hope I've included all
the pages you asked for.

Good luck with the rotovator - when I first got mine I found it very
difficult to use. I've got the hang of it since then thanks to help in this
group.

HTH.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Troy

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

I did post that you might have a look on the Honda website and see if
the instruction book could be downloaded, but the post seems to have
dropped into a black hole somewhere.

I had a search but couldn't find anything.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Commercialdiver

Thanks for the suggestion about the honda website, but I did try that before
pestering u lot ;-)

greg
Old 12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Commercialdiver

Old 12-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Commercialdiver

Troy the black lab.....YOU ARE A STAR!!!

thank for your help....top job.

greg

Old 12-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Commercialdiver

Old 12-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Commercialdiver

Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening Tips: Honda F410 rotovator

Dear Greg,

I have exactly the same problem as you had in 2004 (Ok, its 5 years
ago, so I bought a truely old machine): i bought a second hand honda
F410 rotovator, but i miss the owners manual. I see someone helped you
out, please can you, or the star Troy the black lab, send me in a way
the owners manual?
Thank a lot,
Stefan

--
stefan
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old 13-03-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:28:03 -0500, stefan wrote:

I have exactly the same problem as you had in 2004 (Ok, its 5 years
ago, so I bought a truely old machine): i bought a second hand honda
F410 rotovator, but i miss the owners manual. I see someone helped you
out, please can you, or the star Troy the black lab, send me in a way
the owners manual?

Not seen the rest of this thread but ....

I still have the F410 and the manual. If you're stuck I can scan the parts
you need and stick them on my website.
--
Regards,

Troy's Human.
Old 26-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy's Human View Post
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:28:03 -0500, stefan wrote:

I have exactly the same problem as you had in 2004 (Ok, its 5 years
ago, so I bought a truely old machine): i bought a second hand honda
F410 rotovator, but i miss the owners manual. I see someone helped you
out, please can you, or the star Troy the black lab, send me in a way
the owners manual?

Not seen the rest of this thread but ....

I still have the F410 and the manual. If you're stuck I can scan the parts
you need and stick them on my website.
--
Regards,

Troy's Human.
Hello.

I have the same problem : old F410 without manual. I have to buy a new air filter but I cannot find the reference. Can you help please?
I am interested if you can share your manual on your website.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

GH