GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Online interactive garden design? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/50083-online-interactive-garden-design.html)

Nessie 11-01-2004 04:36 PM

Online interactive garden design?

I've been trying to find a site which allows me to re-design my garden
- and can't find anything but sites that appear to have a layout for
this but are only trying to sell the services of landscape architects.

Does anybody know a site which would allow me to draw in our garden
and then try different things to see what fits?

Also, anybody have any tips about re-designing gardens for dog-owners?
I've got 2 and they have turned the whole thing into a gigantic mud
puddle dotted with bomb craters.

Thanks!

JennyC 11-01-2004 04:37 PM

Online interactive garden design?

"Nessie" wrote in message
om...
I've been trying to find a site which allows me to re-design my garden
- and can't find anything but sites that appear to have a layout for
this but are only trying to sell the services of landscape architects.

Does anybody know a site which would allow me to draw in our garden
and then try different things to see what fits?

This topic comes up with great regularity in URG
The group concensus is that pencil and paper are the best way to go :~))
I reccomend making a plan of your garden to sclae op paper, then use various
sheets of tracing paper over it to experiment with

Also, anybody have any tips about re-designing gardens for dog-owners?
I've got 2 and they have turned the whole thing into a gigantic mud
puddle dotted with bomb craters.
Thanks!

I once saw a (BBC?) prog about a 'dog' garden
They'd fenced of an area especially for the canine member of the family. He had
access to part of the garden shed from his side of the garden too.

Jenny

Neil 14-01-2004 09:32 AM

Online interactive garden design?

This purports to be an online designer, I have not tried it out yet
though...
http://www4.ukstyle.tv/AcuCustom/uks...ndesigner.html

--
Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

JennyC 14-01-2004 12:33 PM

"Neil" wrote in message
This purports to be an online designer, I have not tried it out yet
though...

http://www4.ukstyle.tv/AcuCustom/uks...er/gardendesig
ner.html

Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

Looks allright but is a bit simple.........You could easily do the same with pen
and paper :~)
Jenny

Neil 15-01-2004 01:34 PM

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
This purports to be an online designer, I have not tried it out yet
though...

http://www4.ukstyle.tv/AcuCustom/uks...er/gardendesig
ner.html

Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

Looks allright but is a bit simple.........You could easily do the same

with pen
and paper :~)
Jenny

I think you are right. Use pen and paper, most of us pro's do anyhow!
Neil

megadaisy 17-01-2004 01:06 PM

"Neil" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
This purports to be an online designer, I have not tried it out yet
though...

http://www4.ukstyle.tv/AcuCustom/uks...er/gardendesig
ner.html

Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

Looks allright but is a bit simple.........You could easily do the same

with pen
and paper :~)
Jenny

I think you are right. Use pen and paper, most of us pro's do anyhow!
Neil

I find a pencil helps too. And a rubber sometimes as well.

MegaDaisy

---

Neil 19-01-2004 08:01 PM

"megadaisy" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Neil" wrote in message
This purports to be an online designer, I have not tried it out yet
though...

http://www4.ukstyle.tv/AcuCustom/uks...er/gardendesig
ner.html

Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

Looks allright but is a bit simple.........You could easily do the

same
with pen
and paper :~)
Jenny

I think you are right. Use pen and paper, most of us pro's do anyhow!
Neil

I find a pencil helps too. And a rubber sometimes as well.

MegaDaisy

---

Well guess you're right there. I might be a bit thick I s'pose. Never
mind, check out what a good piece of software usage can do on
www.conceptgardens.com in the portfolio and file 2. We did this with
AutoCAD and Photoshop. The typical garden design software cannot compare.
Neil