Old 25-01-2004, 09:49 PM
SM

Default Damp, wet and shaded (in the winter) lawn: help!

Hi Everyone,

I'm not a very good gardener - so forgive my ignorance please - though
I'm trying hard to learn! The main problem I have at the moment is my
lawn. I live in the South East of England and last Spring I re-turfed
the lawn. The soil looks healthy and chalkly and the turf rooted well.
However, as usual, winter means that the garden becomes a bit of a
nightmare. Due to hedges, trees and the neighbour's extension, very
little sun falls on my garden. The result is it becomes sodden and
muddy. While I am hopeful that come the warmer weather and the longer
days the grass will improve, is there anything that I should be doing
now to help it on its way?

Thanks,

Stewart
Old 25-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Rod

SM wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm not a very good gardener - so forgive my ignorance please - though
I'm trying hard to learn! The main problem I have at the moment is my
lawn. I live in the South East of England and last Spring I re-turfed
the lawn. The soil looks healthy and chalkly and the turf rooted well.
However, as usual, winter means that the garden becomes a bit of a
nightmare. Due to hedges, trees and the neighbour's extension, very
little sun falls on my garden. The result is it becomes sodden and
muddy. While I am hopeful that come the warmer weather and the longer
days the grass will improve, is there anything that I should be doing
now to help it on its way?

Thanks,

Stewart

The best thing you can do with it right now is to keep off it as much as
possible. That sort of situation isn't ideal for a lawn so you could consider
doing something different, at least for the worst part of the area - lawns
aren't compulsory
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html

Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 03:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM