GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cleaning greasy leafs! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/51193-cleaning-greasy-leafs.html)

flowerboy28 28-01-2004 07:36 PM

cleaning greasy leafs!

Hello all

I have a very nice philodendron growing in the kitchen on the wall. With
all the cooking in the kitchen the plant leafs are getting very greasy. What
could i use to clean this greas without harming the plant!dos anyone have
any good home secrets! help please

thank you all
Flowerboy28
Quebec Canada

Martin Sykes 28-01-2004 07:46 PM

cleaning greasy leafs!

"flowerboy28" wrote in message
Hello all

I have a very nice philodendron growing in the kitchen on the wall.

With
all the cooking in the kitchen the plant leafs are getting very greasy.

What
could i use to clean this greas without harming the plant!dos anyone have
any good home secrets! help please

I'd try a damp cloth with a small amount of washing up liquid on it. It's
used as organic aphid control quite commonly so I doubt it would hurt the
plant but try it on one leaf first anyway just to be safe.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )