GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is this a record? ;-) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/51322-record-%3B.html)

Sacha 30-01-2004 08:29 PM

Is this a record? ;-)

A customer has just rung up to ask if we have our bedding plants in yet -
and no she doesn't mean primulas and winter pansies - she means bizzy
lizzies and antirrhinums etc.!
Matthew suggested we ring her back and say that we ran out last July and
will be getting some more in during March and April. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

shazzbat 30-01-2004 08:43 PM

Is this a record? ;-)

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
A customer has just rung up to ask if we have our bedding plants in yet -
and no she doesn't mean primulas and winter pansies - she means bizzy
lizzies and antirrhinums etc.!
Matthew suggested we ring her back and say that we ran out last July and
will be getting some more in during March and April. ;-)
--

You're missing a chance there. If you were too get some in which presumably
would be forced on etc, you could sell them, then when they were trashed by

You could double your sales.

Steve.

Sacha 30-01-2004 08:57 PM

Is this a record? ;-)

shazzbat30/1/04 3:36

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
A customer has just rung up to ask if we have our bedding plants in yet -
and no she doesn't mean primulas and winter pansies - she means bizzy
lizzies and antirrhinums etc.!
Matthew suggested we ring her back and say that we ran out last July and
will be getting some more in during March and April. ;-)
--

You're missing a chance there. If you were too get some in which presumably
would be forced on etc, you could sell them, then when they were trashed by
frost, you could sell them some more, saying " you shouldn't have planted
them out so soon"

You could double your sales.

Steve.

And lose customers very quickly. ;-) In fact, when people come in on the
first fine days of early spring, panting to get bedding plants in, we warn
them not to take them yet unless they've got a greenhouse or somewhere else
to shelter them. And so, most of our business, is repeat business.!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk