GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Foxgloves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/51496-foxgloves.html)

Mel 01-02-2004 11:18 PM

Foxgloves

I grew foxgloves from seeds and planted them out last autumn. They're
plodding along reasonably well, but there's mottled leaf damage on every
plant that look very much like spider mite damage. I can't see anything
(although my eyesight isn't up to scratch nowadays). Can spider mite be
causing damage throughout the winter cold?

Thanks.

Nick Maclaren 01-02-2004 11:18 PM

Foxgloves

In article ,
Mel wrote:
I grew foxgloves from seeds and planted them out last autumn. They're
plodding along reasonably well, but there's mottled leaf damage on every
plant that look very much like spider mite damage. I can't see anything
(although my eyesight isn't up to scratch nowadays). Can spider mite be
causing damage throughout the winter cold?

Not here, for certain. I wouldn't worry about it, because a lot of
biennials lose their leaves or look very tatty over the winter, and
VERY few such pests are active in the cold.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.